With the Schedule Scan option, you can scan all the enrolled devices of Seqrite mSuite at fixed intervals. The scan can be scheduled at the following intervals such as Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, and Monthly. The schedule scan configuration also provides an option for virus definition database update on Seqrite mSuite Agent only when the device is connected to the Wi-Fi.
If the “Update Virus definition database on Agent app via Wi-Fi only” check box is not selected, then the virus definitions will be updated when the device is connected to the Internet via any network.
By default, Seqrite mSuite checks the Internet connectivity and updates the virus definition database. But the Schedule Scan Configuration provides an option to update the virus definition database on Agent app via Wi-Fi only.
Note: Schedule Scan configuration is applicable only to the Android devices.
Adding Schedule Scan Configuration
To schedule a scan, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > Add.
- From the configurations list, select Schedule Scan.
- Enter Schedule Scan Configuration Name and select the schedule scan type such as Quick or Full.
- Quick scan: Lets you scan all the apps installed on the devices.
- Full scan: Lets you scan the entire device such as external SD card, internal memory, and apps, etc.
- Select a scan cycle to perform a scan at fixed intervals such as daily, weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- Select the Update virus definition database on mSuite Agent app when connected to Wi-Fi check box to update the virus definition database using the available Wi-Fi.
Note: If the Update Virus definition database on Agent app via Wi-Fi only check box is not selected on the Seqrite mSuite console, then the virus definition database on the Agent app will be automatically updated when the device gets connected to the Internet. The Schedule Scan configuration is not applicable for the iOS devices.
- Click Save. The schedule scan is configured successfully.
Overviewing Schedule Scan Configurations
After the Schedule Scan configuration is created, the Schedule Scan Configuration Details page is displayed.
To navigate directly to the Schedule Scan Configuration Details page, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations.
- On the Configurations page, select the Scheduled Scan configuration which is to be viewed and click the Edit icon.
- The Schedule Scan Configuration Details page is displayed. The following options are available.
- Overview: This option helps you to view the Schedule Scan configuration details. You can view the Setting Name, Schedule Scan Type, Schedule Scan Cycle, and Total Devices. You can also view recently added devices. To display all the devices added to the selected configuration, click Show all.
- Edit: Allows you to edit the Schedule Scan configuration details and assign the default configurations.
Editing Schedule Scan Configuration
The Edit tab includes Edit details and Devices.
Note: Editing the Schedule Scan Configurations will change the current version of the configuration.
- Edit details: With this option you can edit the information of the Schedule Scan configuration added to the Seqrite mSuite console.
- Devices: Helps you to view the number of devices to which the Schedule Scan configuration is applied. You can also apply the schedule scan configuration to more devices.
To edit the schedule scan configuration, follow these steps:
Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations.
On the Configurations list page, select the schedule scan configuration to be edited and click Edit icon > Edit tab > Edit details.
You can edit the configuration details such as the Schedule Scan Configuration Name, Schedule Scan Type, and Schedule Scan Cycle. You can also select the option to update the virus definition database on Agent app using Wi-Fi.
Click Devices section and then click Apply configuration to device.
Select the devices to which you want to apply the configuration and click Apply.
The scheduled scan configuration is edited and applied to the device successfully.
- To remove the Scheduled Scan configuration from any device, go to Devices section and select the check box available in front of the device name and click Remove.