Engage your Android devices with Seqrite mSuite with the help of ADO and experience excellent management of the devices.
Activating Device Owner Mode
ADB for Seqrite mSuite Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a command line tool that allows communication between a computer and a connected Android device. This method is recommended for Device Owner provisioning only when the device cannot be provisioned using Scan QR Code for ADO. This method uses Android Debug Bridge (or ADB) to provision devices as Device Owner and is applicable for Android devices 5.0 or later versions.
- Factory reset the device to be managed, if it is already in use or boot up if it is a new device.
- Ensure you do not add any Google account or sync any data account configured on your device.
- Android Debug Bridge (ADB) binary must be downloaded on your computer.
- When trying to open the ADB zip file, if the platform tool folder is not visible, then use the Windows explorer to open the zip folder.
- When installing ADB, its environment variable path should be defined on the same computer where the ADB is to be configured and device owner is to be enabled.
- The Device Owner enrollment is applicable only to the devices that ????
Activating Device Owner Mode using ADB 1.
Download and Install latest Seqrite mSuite application on your Android device.
Short URL: http://bit.ly/1P48aPd
Download and install the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) binary on your computer.
You can use either of the steps to access the command window to run commands.
- After the Zip file is downloaded, extract the files to your PC drive.
- Copy the directory path of the file up to adb.exe file in the platform-tools folder.
- On your computer, right-click MyPC/MyComputers > click Properties > Advance System settings.
- In System Properties dialog, click Environment Variables.
- In System Variables section, click Path > Edit > add the selected path in the path section.
- Enter adb in command prompt. If “adb” is not recognized, try restarting your computer or try installing the drivers for the specific devices.
- With a new (or factory reset) Android device, go through the setup wizard WITHOUT adding a Google account. If you accidently added an account, simply remove the account from the Settings app once you finish the setup wizard.
Connect your device to the computer with USB (it is considered that the device USB drivers are already installed on your computer).
- Your device might prompt you with a trust dialog. Click accept.
To enable the Developer option on your device:
- Go to Device > in device Setting, enable USB debugging option from Developer option. Make sure the Device setting has the Developer option.
- Go to About device (nomenclature differs), and to turn on the Developer option, click the Build number field 7 times.
- Go back to Settings > Developer > enable USB debugging.
- Plug the device to the computer. Your device may prompt you with a trust dialog. Click Accept.
Further the device asks for the trusted connection, select the Always allow from this computer check box.
On your computer, open the command prompt and run the following command to initialize ADB:
c: \Users\User>adb devices
List of devices attached
Note: Every device will have a unique device name.
After this command, the connected devices would be displayed on your command prompt window.
If it is a new device, go through the setup wizard without adding a Google account.
If it is an old device, then remove the Google account or any other account from your devices Settings.
Run the following command to set the Seqrite mSuite app as the device owner of the device:
adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.seqrite.client/.components.receivers.MainDeviceAdmi nReceiver
Device owner set to package com.seqrite.client
Active admin set to component
- This result shows that the ADO enablement is successfully completed.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps for all the devices.
- After Seqrite mSuite is setup as the device owner, the device enrollment screen is displayed and with successful enrollment, the user will be able to access the Seqrite mSuite app dashboard.
Google or any account is present on the device.
The following screen is displayed when the device has the User account or Google account, or any other account configured on it. Even after removing the accounts, if you are still getting the same error, then try Factory Reset of the device.
Seqrite mSuite client is already a device owner.
The following screen is displayed when the Seqrite mSuite client application is already provisioned as a Device Owner.
Device name not listed at the time of installation.
If your device is not getting listed when you enter the adb devices command in command prompt, then try to install the specific drivers for that particular device.
Device ownership is assigned to a third-party application.
If the issue persists then the device might be already provisioned as device owner by the OEM provider (manufacturer) and hence the device cannot be provisioned again with Seqrite mSuite client. In this case, you can enroll the Seqrite mSuite client with regular enrollment process by enabling Device Administrator.