Engage your iOS devices with Seqrite mSuite with the help of Supervised mode and experience excellent management of the devices.
Activating Supervised Mode
Supervision can only be turned on when you set up a new device. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch are not supervised, then your administrator will completely erase your device data to set up supervision.
- Device should be new, or factory reset the device.
- iOS device version must be 10 or later versions.
Activating Supervised Mode on iOS device
Follow below-mentioned steps to activate Supervised Mode:
Note: Enabling Supervised Mode will wipe all data from your device. For security reasons, Apple does not allow to supervise the device if Find My iPhone option is enabled on the device.
- Download and install the latest version of Apple Configurator 2 on your Mac. Visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator-2/id1037126344?mt=12
- Connect your iOS device to the Mac with the help of USB.
- Run the Apple Configurator 2.
- In the All Devices view, double-click your iOS device.
- To prepare your device for supervision, click Prepare.
In Configuration list, select Manual and then click Next.
From the Server list, select Do not enroll in MDM and then click Next.
Select both the check boxes; Supervise Device and Allow devices to pair with another computer and then click Next.
In Create an Organization dialog, enter the details and click Next.
Select Organization name and click Next.
Select Generate a new supervision identity and click Next.
Configure the Setup Assistant and click Prepare.
Note: Apple Configurator will completely wipe your device and will reboot as a new iOS device.
After successful completion of the process, the device will be in Supervised Mode.