This feature lets you monitor any suspicious activity related to the confidential files on your computer, local drive, or a removable drive. Apart from a default set of files, you can customize and select the file types that you want to monitor.
You can monitor the selected file types for actions such as copy, delete, or rename. Copy action on the local drive is not supported.
You can generate a report for the file activity from the Reports page.
The File Activity Monitor feature is available in clients with Windows and Mac operating systems.
To configure policy for File Activity Monitor, follow these steps:
- Create Container/feature policy for File Activity Monitor.
- Enable File Activity Monitor with a toggle switch.
- In the "List of Drives” section, select the check box to select the drives that you want to monitor for file activity.
- Select the activity check boxes, Copy, Rename or Delete as per drive.
You can select to monitor only ‘delete’ activity for local drives. For Removable Drives, you can select all three activities.
- In the File Extensions section, the list of extensions that are already added appears.
- Enter the extension of the files that you want to monitor in the Extension text box, and then click Add.
The file extension should be written without a dot in the following format: xml, html, zip, etc.
The extension is added to the list.
- To remove the extension from the list, click the Delete button which appears when you click the list entry. If you click the Delete button, a message box is displayed to confirm the delete action.
- In the Folders section, the list of folders that are already added appears.
Enter the folder path that you want to monitor, for example. C:\EPS, in the Folder Path text box, and then click Add.
For Mac OS, use only forward slash (/) in the folder path. Example: /Users/Admin/ExcludeList.
To remove the folder path from the list, click the Delete button which appears when you click the list entry. If you click the delete button, a message box is displayed to confirm the delete action.
- To save your settings, click Save Policy.
Importantly, if you have customized the settings and later you want to revert to the default settings, click the Reset Default button.