This feature helps you to set vulnerability scan for the clients so that the clients are scanned for possible vulnerabilities. This scan helps for vulnerability assessment of the operating system on the client.
To initiate vulnerability scan, follow these steps:
- On the Status page, select the endpoints you want to scan.
- The client action bar is enabled above the table. In the Client Actions drop down, select Vulnerability Scan.
- In the Please Select list, select Start Scan.
- Click Submit.
Start Scan dialog appears.
- Click Start Scan to start the scan of the selected endpoints. The action will be initiated on the client as per set polling interval.
You can stop scanning by clicking Stop Scan at any time you prefer.
- You can customize the vulnerability scan settings if required.
- To customize the scan settings, click Vulnerability Scan Settings.
- Under Scan Type, select one of the following options to scan for vulnerability against following software vendors
• Microsoft applications and other vendor applications
• Microsoft applications only
• Other vendor applications only
- The Scan Priority is Normal by default. You can change the priority to Low or High, if required.
- The Scan Severity is Low by default. You can change the priority to Medium or High, if required.
- After configuring the scan setting, click Apply Changes.
The new setting is applied.
You can reset the Scan setting to default with Reset button, if required.