When a work environment has a large number of systems installed, the challenge that the administrators usually face is how to update all the endpoints for security patches.
This feature allows you to create policies for taking the updates automatically for the endpoints. You can create policies that help different clients take the updates from different sources. Taking the updates from different sources reduce the load on a single server.
To configure policy for Update Settings, follow these steps:
- Create Container/feature policy for Update.
- Enable and expand Automatic Update.
- To display notification window when the updates are taken, select the Show update notification window check box.
- Under Frequency, set the schedule when you want to take the updates.
If you select Custom, Daily Start at and Repeat after, lists are activated, you can set the schedule as per your requirement.
- Under Update Mode, when EPS is installed on private IP (Private IP natted to Public IP), the following update settings can be configured:
- Download from Internet
- Download from Specified Update Servers
If you select Download from Specified Update Servers, server list is activated. Select the Update Server from the list.
- To save your settings, click Save Policy.
Importantly, if you have customized the settings and later you want to revert to the default settings, you can do so by clicking the Reset Default button.