Creating a group policy is recommended for allowing limited access to applications.
- Open Server Manager.
- Navigate to Tools > Group Policy Management.
- On Group Policy Management (GPO) page, the organizational units created earlier are displayed under Domains.
- Right-click the Organizational Unit for which you want to create a new group policy. Click Create a new GPO in this domain, and Link it here.
A new dialog box opens.
- In the New GPO dialog box, enter the group policy name and click OK.
This new group policy is created. It is visible in the left side pane.
- Now, right-click the policy. Click Edit.
In left hand pane, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
Under System, double-click Run Only Specified Windows Applications.
A dialog box opens.
Click Enabled option button.
- Click the list of allowed applications to see and add applications.
The Show Content dialogue box opens.
- To add applications, click Show.
In the Value column, type the exact .exe file names of applications you want to allow access to users.
Click OK to save it.
Now the Group policy creation is complete.
Note: mstsc.exe and rdpshell.exe are must to take RDP.