Enrollment using Android Management API (AMA)
- Wi-Fi connection is a must for enrollment.
- Devices having Android versions 7 and above can only be enrolled using AMA.
- IMEI number of devices should not be enrolled previously on mSuite.
- You can add the device to the mSuite console through either of Users, Groups, or Devices options.
- Once the device is added to the mSuite console, configure the required policies and app configurations to the device.
Note: The enrollment process may take time depending upon the speed of the network connection.
To prepare the mobile device for AMA enrollment, you need to follow these steps:
Performing a factory reset on your phone
AMA Enrollment of a device using QR code
Setting Device admin and system permissions
1. Performing a factory reset on your phone
You can either use a new device or you need to perform a factory reset on your device. When you perform a factory reset, all the data on the device is permanently deleted. Ensure that you take a backup of your data.
On the device, tap Settings > System > Reset. Please note that the terminology in your device may differ.
Tap Reset Phone.
After a factory reset of the device, a Welcome screen is displayed.
Next, you need to do AMA enrollment of your device using a QR Code.
2. AMA Enrollment of a device using a QR code
The task of enrolling the device can be done by the admin or the end user.
- If you (admin) are enrolling the device, you can use the QR code displayed on the mSuite console during enrollment.
- If the device user is performing the enrollment, the user can use the QR code that is sent to the email address.
- On the Welcome screen, tap 6/7 times below the word Hi. Devices may show “Welcome, Hi, or Hello” as per device models. Based on the device model, either scenarios A, B, or C will follow. Follow the steps as applicable.
A. If the QR Code scanner is displayed, follow these steps:
i. Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console. Alternatively, the end user performing the enrollment process can scan the QR code received on the email address as specified earlier.
ii. Next, choose the appropriate option and connect to the Internet.
You are redirected to This device belongs to your organization screen.
iii. Tap Next.
You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
B. If the QR Code scanner is not displayed, follow these steps:
i. Tap START on the Welcome screen.
The Connect to mobile network screen is displayed.
ii. Insert SIM card in the slot.
The Connect to Wi-Fi screen is displayed.
iii. Select the Wi-Fi network from the list.
The Privacy and software updates screen is displayed.
iv. On the Privacy and software updates screen, tap Accept & continue.
The Copy apps and data screen is displayed.
v. On Copy apps and data screen, tap Next.
The Google Sign in screen is displayed.
vi Enter the email address as afw#setup and tap Next.
The This device belongs to your organization screen is displayed.
vii. On This device belongs to your organization screen, tap Next.
The QR code scanner is displayed, grant the necessary permissions to the scanner app.
viii. Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console or scan the QR code received on your email address. You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
C. For some devices, after tapping 6/7 times, you need to connect to the Internet and the QR code scanner is automatically downloaded on the device.
Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console or scan the QR code received on your email address.
You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
- On the Let’s set up your work device screen, tap Accept & continue.
You are redirected to This device isn’t private screen.
You are redirected to Updating device screen and after that to the Registering device screen.
Note: This process may take some time as apps are updated to the latest version from the factory version.
- Next, depending on the password and app configurations policy configured by default, follow the steps as applicable.
If the default password and app configuration policy are configured, follow these steps:
i. You are redirected to the screens for setting the password and installing the apps. Follow the instructions for setting up the screen lock as required. Tap Install for installing mSuite and the recommended apps that are configured through the default app configuration.
Note: Installation of apps may take time depending upon the network connection.
ii. You are redirected to the Google services screen. Proceed to step 5 and further.
- If the default password and app configuration policy are not configured, you are redirected to the Updates Privacy and Software screen.
i. Tap Accept & continue.
- On the Google services screen, tap Accept.
You are all set/Your device is ready to go! screen is displayed.
Tap Done. Seqrite mSuite app is now installed on the device.
Note: At this point, on the Device Details page, the device Enrollment Status is shown as AMA Enrolled as the procedure is partially completed. Next, you need to set the Device Admin and System permissions after completing the enrollment process.
3. Setting Device Admin and System permissions
You need to complete the further steps after which the device Enrollment Status is displayed as Enrolled on the Device Details page.
- On your device, tap the mSuite app.
You are redirected to the License Agreement screen.
Tap I Agree.
You are redirected to the Device Admin Permission screen.
You are redirected to the Activate device admin app screen.
Tap Activate this device admin app.
You are redirected to the Device Enrollment Screen.
- After that, you are redirected to the Modify system settings screen. Enable the toggle button and tap the Back icon in the upper left corner.
You are redirected to the Display over other apps screen.
Tap the Seqrite mSuite icon from the list.
Enable the toggle button for Seqrite mSuite app and tap the Back icon.
Seqrite mSuite icon now displays the Allowed status on the screen. Tap Back.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to enable the toggle button access for Seqrite mSuite on the Usage Access and Do Not Disturb access screens.
The device is enrolled.
You can check the Enrollment Status on the Device Details page on mSuite console displayed as Enrolled.