This feature gives the administrators a wider choice of creating policies for the client modules that need Internet connection to function. You can configure different settings for the server and port so that the client modules such as; Quick Update, Spam Protection, Web Security, and Messenger have Internet connection. This is very helpful in allowing the client modules to function in a secure work environment where default Internet connection is not allowed.
To configure policy with Internet Settings, follow these steps:
- Create Container/feature policy for Internet.
- Enable Proxy Setting. The proxy settings details are activated.
- Select the Proxy Type as HTTP Proxy, Socks V 4 or SOCKS V 5 as per your settings.
- In the Proxy Server text box, type the IP address of the proxy server or domain name (For example, proxy.yourcompany.com).
- In the Port text box, type the port number of the proxy server (For example: 80).
- In the User Name and Password text boxes, type in your proxy server credentials.
- Click Next.
- To save your settings, click Save Policy.
Importantly, if you have customized the settings and later you want to revert to the default settings, you can use the Reset Default button.
The Internet Settings feature is applicable for the clients such as Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems.