This feature allows you to check whether security compliance policies framed by your organization are being followed on each endpoint. It also helps you in verifying whether endpoints have any unauthorized applications other than the authorized ones running on them.
The Application Control scan is done in the following two ways,
- When you request the scan through Client Action. For details, see Application Control Scan explained below.
- When you set the Application Control policy. ‘On access’ reports are generated in this case. For details, see Application Control policy.
Application Control Scan
To initiate scanning, follow these steps:
- On the Status page, select the endpoints you want to scan.
- The client action bar is enabled above the table. In the Client Actions dropdown, select Application Control.
- In the Please Select list, select Start Scan.
- Click Submit. Start Scan dialog appears.
- Click Start Scan to start the scan of the selected endpoints. The action will be initiated on the client as per set polling interval. You can stop scanning by clicking Stop Scan at any time you prefer. You can customize the scan settings if required.
- To customize the scan settings, click Application Control Settings.
- Select one of the following scan options:
- Unauthorized applications: Helps you initiate scanning only for the unauthorized applications present on a client machine.
- Unauthorized and authorized applications: Helps you initiate scanning for both, unauthorized and authorized applications present on the client machine.
- All installed applications: Helps you initiate scanning for all applications installed on a client.
Scanning by first two options may take longer time.
- Select Scan Priority. The Scan Priority is Normal by default. You can change the priority to Low or High, if required.
- After configuring the scan setting, click Apply Changes.
The new setting is applied. You can reset the Scan setting to default with Reset button, if required.