The Apps option lets you manage all the installed apps on the device. With the help of the Apps option, you can add new apps to the device, block the apps partially or fully, and activate the Launcher on the device. App management includes App Store and App Configuration.
The App Store is the place where all the apps installed on the enrolled devices are stored. You can manage apps and add new apps to the App Store. You can tag a label to the published apps and the apps that are to be uninstalled.
You can add the multiple versions of the application to the store. You can upload the multiple versions of the application when you add the application using Custom URL and Custom APK options.
When the app is added to the App Store, following information is collected from the newly added app.
In Seqrite mSuite following app statuses are found:
- Recommended apps: These apps are suggested to install on user device.
- Apps to Uninstall: These apps are restricted to install on the user device.
Seqrite mSuite categorizes the apps as follows:
- Downloaded: These apps are downloaded by the user. Only the downloaded apps can be deleted.
- System: These apps are inbuilt in the mobile.
- Suggested: These apps are suggested by the Admin.
- Restricted: These apps are restricted by the Admin.
The Source Type shows the options from where the applications were downloaded and installed.
- Google Play
- Custom App URL
- Upload Custom APK
All the apps on the Seqrite mSuite console are categorized in different categories such as; unknown, Books and References, Business, Comics, Communication, Education, Entertainment, Finance, Health and Fitness, Libraries and Demo, Lifestyle, Live Wallpaper, Media and Video, Medical, Music and Video, Medical, Music and Audio, News and Magazines, Personalization, Photography, Productivity, Shopping, Social, Sports, Tools, Transportation, Travel and Local, Weather, and Game.
Advanced Search for Apps
The Advanced Search option allows you to perform an advanced search for different apps. To search apps, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Apps > App Store > Advanced Search.
- Following search categories are displayed:
- Select App Type: Select this option to search apps according to the app type.
- Select OS: Select this option to search the apps according to the operating system.
- Select Category: Select this option to search the apps according to the app category.
- Select the required search options and click Search. The result gets displayed.
App Store List Page
The App Repository page displays all the available apps of Seqrite mSuite console. The table displays the information of all the apps such as OS, package ID, device count, status, type, source type, category etc.
With selected options for App Store
The With selected list is beneficial to delete multiple selected apps. The following With selected options are available for App Repository.
- Tag as suggested: With this option you can recommend the user to install the selected apps on the user’s device. You can suggest single or multiple selected apps at the same time. After you mark the selected apps as suggested, the status of the selected app will be changed to Suggested.
- Tag as restricted: This option helps you to mark the selected apps as restricted to uninstall them on the user’s device. You can tag single or multiple selected apps to be uninstalled from the devices. After you mark the selected apps as restricted, the status of the selected app will be changed to Restricted.
- Clear Tag: Helps you to clear the current status of an app. You can clear the tags: Suggested and Restricted.
- Delete: Helps you to delete a single or multiple selected apps.
- You can delete single or multiple selected apps only if the app is not associated with any device or app configuration.
- When the app that is not associated with any device is deleted, its network data usage information is also deleted.
- Upgrade: With this option, you can upgrade the selected application.
Note: Only the Android applications that are uploaded via a custom URL or custom APK can be upgraded.
To use the With selected options for App Repository, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Apps > Repository > select a single or multiple apps. The With selected option is displayed.
- Select the required option from With selected list and click Submit.
The selected action is carried out on a single or multiple selected apps.