The Devices option is the most significant module of the Seqrite mSuite console. You can perform the following actions on the devices:
- Add a new mobile device, assign ownership, and assign owner and group to the device.
- View and edit the device information.
- Send an enrollment request and perform the required actions on the device.
- Apply or edit configurations and apply other security settings on the device.
- Trace the location of the device and view a list of the applications that were installed on the device.
- View and manage the apps.
- View the activity report of the device.
- Monitor the network data usage and view the calls and SMS report.
In Seqrite mSuite, devices play a vital role. Each device in Seqrite mSuite database shows a device status. All the statuses are represented by symbols. The mouse hover over the symbol shows the device status tooltip.
Different device statuses include:
- Approval Pending: Device has requested the server for approval.
- Inactive: Device is inactive for specific time.
- Disapproved: Server has not granted permission for the device enrollment.
- Approved: Device is approved by the server.
- Uninstalled devices: Seqrite mSuite has been removed from the device.
- Disconnected: Administrator has disconnected the device.
Advanced search for devices
To search devices with advanced search option, follow these steps:
Log on to Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Devices > Advanced Search.
Advanced Search parameters are displayed. Select the parameters. The search parameters include the following options:
- Select Policy: Helps you to search the devices with the help of a policy.
- Select Device Status: Helps you to search the devices by selecting the device status.
- Select Compliant Status: Helps you to search the devices with device compliant status.
- Select Created By: Helps you to search the devices by the creator name who added the device.
- Select Device Ownership: Helps you to search the devices with device ownership.
- Select Device Type: Helps you to search the devices using device types such as tablet, mobile, or phablet.
- Select Group: Helps you to search the devices from a particular group.
- Select Device Block Status: Helps you to view a list of the devices having a blocked status. To search, you can select Yes or No.
- Select Device Root Status: Helps you to search the rooted devices on Seqrite mSuite console. To search the rooted devices, you can use Yes option.
Note: Out of all the advanced search categories, only three options are displayed by default.
To view the result, click Search.
- To change already set search categories, click Modify.
- To change the search categories, click Reset.
Useful help documents are listed in this section as follows:
- Agent Enroll Guide: This guide helps to understand device enrollment methods in mSuite.
- Enabling ADO Mode: This guide helps to understand how to ADO enable the Android devices.
- Activate Supervised Mode: This guide provides information on how to enroll the supervised iOS device with Seqrite mSuite.
Note: If you are trying to install an app, and get an error message that the app cannot be installed, it might be possible that the app may have been installed earlier and uninstalled incompletely. To resolve this issue, you need to go app management and uninstall the app again. If the issue persists, remove all traces of the app, app data and try again.
Devices List Page
The Devices list page shows all the available devices on Seqrite mSuite console. On the Devices list page, you can select maximum of 10 columns only. The system does not allow you to select more than 10 columns.
To search any device with respect to any criteria, make sure the criteria-related column is available in the table.
The table below displays the information of the devices as follows:
Note: You can select only eight (8) columns at a time from the Filter column list.
|Id||Displays the Id of the device.|
|OS||Shows the operating system of the device.|
|Status||Shows device status.|
|Workspace Status||Shows the status of the Workspace application.|
|Workspace Version||Shows the version of Workspace application running on the device.|
|Device Name||Displays the name of the device.|
|Owner||Shows the name of the device owner.|
|Group||Shows the group name assigned to the device.|
|Policy||Shows the policy name assigned to the device.|
|Mobile No.||Shows the mobile number of the device.|
|Enroll Date||Shows the device enrollment date and time.|
|Ownership||Shows whether the device is a corporate or personal device.|
|Device type||Shows the type of the device such as mobile, tablet, or phablet.|
|Last Synced||Shows the date and time when the device last synced with Seqrite mSuite console.|
|Agent Vulnerable||If the status is Yes, then the user can uninstall/remove the Seqrite mSuite App from the device. o If the status is No, then the user cannot uninstall/remove the Seqrite mSuite App from the device.|
|Agent Version||Shows the version of the mSuite Agent.|
|Launcher||Shows the current Launcher status on Seqrite mSuite Agent. The Launcher status can be activated or deactivated.|
|Manufacturer||Shows the name of the device manufacturer.|
|Model||Shows the name of the device model.|
|Launcher Version||Shows the version of launcher that is available on Agent device.|
|IMEI||Shows the IMEI number of the devices and is beneficial to search the device with IMEI number.|
|Enroll Type||Shows the type of device enrollment such as Knox, Normal, Supervised or ADO.|
|OS versions||Shows the OS version of the device.|
|Action||The action items include: Edit: Helps you to edit the device information. Delete: Helps you to delete a single selected device.|
With selected Options on Devices List Page
The With selected list appears on the Devices list page when you select single or multiple devices. The available options in the With selected list are:
- Send Enrollment Request: Allows you to send enrollment request using email or an SMS.
- Delete: Allows you to delete multiple selected devices from the Seqrite mSuite server.
- Move to group: Allows you to move the selected devices to the selected groups.
- Export: Allows you to export the details of multiple selected devices in the CSV or PDF format.
- Apply Configuration: Allows you to apply configurations on multiple selected devices. The configurations include Anti-Theft, Web Security, Wi-Fi, Schedule Scan, App Configuration, and Network Usage.
- Device actions: Allows you to perform device actions on multiple selected devices. The device actions include Approve, Sync, Locate, Trace On, Trace Off, Scan, Broadcast Files(s) / Message, Call/SMS Monitoring ON, Call/SMS Monitoring OFF, and Uninstall. To know more about device actions, see the Device Actions table below.
- Workspace action: Allows you to perform action on Workspace of multiple selected devices. The workspace action includes Sync Workspace, Push Workspace Policy, Push Workspace Profile, Push Workspace, Revoke Workspace, Uninstall Workspace, and Push File into Workspace.
- Select the required With selected option and its sub-options (if any) and click Submit.
After you execute the device actions on the device, the status of the action can be viewed on the Action Details page. To know more about the device actions page, see Action Details.