With the rise in the number of mobile devices, securing the confidential data has become crucial. Seqrite mSuite upholds a very strong feature of fencing for securing the confidential data. The Fencing feature acts as a virtual boundary.
Fencing allows you to setup rules to allow or to restrict the user by applying the profiles or app configurations to the user device.
Seqrite mSuite defines the safe areas for the devices. The fence triggers and sends alerts when the device leaves the assigned boundaries. The virtual barrier allows you to know the user device entry or exit of defined boundaries. You can set up the triggers when the device meets the defined boundaries. The fencing technique uses geographical locations, Wi-Fi SSIDs, and time as boundaries.
After the fence is created, apply the restrictions on the device. The configurations must be applied on the device to limit the usage of the features on the device.
The Fences option helps you to add new fences and modify the details of the fences. You can create a boundary of the fencing and apply the fence restrictions on the device. Seqrite mSuite provides the following fences: Wi-Fi Fence, Geo Fence, and Time Fence.
Advanced Search for Fences
The Advanced Search option allows you to perform an advanced search for different fences created in Seqrite mSuite.
To search fences, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Fencing > Fences > Advanced Search. Following search category is displayed:
- Select Configuration type: Select this option to search fences of a particular configuration types including Wi-Fi, Geo, and Time.
- Select the required configuration type and click Search. The result gets displayed. Note: Fencing is applicable only to the Android devices.
Fences List Page
The Fences list page displays all the configured fences. You can change the look of Fences list page either as a map or in the table format.
- Map: On Fences list page if Map is clicked, all the fences and their details are displayed on the map. To view the details of the fence, you have to locate the fence and click on it.
- Table: If Table is clicked, all the fence configuration details are displayed in table format.
Take Action options for Fences
When you select single or multiple fences, the Take Action option appears on the Fences list page.
- Select Delete and then click Submit. The selected action is carried out on the selected fences.