The fencing configurations allow you to map with the defined fences and implement the applied restrictions on the devices. With the help of fencing configurations, you can configure the profiles and app configurations on the device.
The Fencing Configuration option lets you control and apply restrictions on the device. The restrictions include policies, configurations, and app configurations. You can create new fencing configurations and apply the configurations on the devices. You can block access to the device if GPS, Wi-Fi, and Automatic Date and Time are disabled on the device to ensure the fence triggers as per the defined fence conditions.
You can add new configurations, add fence group, and define a new fence if required.
Advanced Search for Fence Configuration
The Advanced Search option allows you to perform an advanced search for different fence configurations.
To search fence configurations, follow these steps:
Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Fencing > Configurations > Advanced Search.
Following search category is displayed:
- Select Created By: Select this option to search the fence configuration according to the creator name.
Select the creator name and click Search. The search result is displayed.
Fence Configuration List Page
The Configurations list page displays and provides information of all the fence configurations available in Seqrite mSuite.
Take Actions Options for Fence Configuration
The Take Action option appears on the Fence Configurations page when you select single or multiple fence configurations. The available options in the With selected list are:
- Delete: Deletes the selected fence configurations. You can delete a single or multiple selected apps.
- Apply to Groups: Helps you to apply the selected fence configuration to the groups. You can apply the single fence configuration to multiple selected groups.
Select the required option and follow either steps:
- Select Delete and click Submit. Or
- Select Apply to Groups > click Select Groups > select the groups to apply the configuration > click Apply.
Add Fence Configuration
The Add option on the upper-right side of the Fence Configuration page helps you to add a new fence configuration. This helps you to add the fence configuration according to the requirement.
When creating fence configuration, you need to understand:
Fence group includes the list of fences, actions, policies, and restrictions that have to be applied on the device when the device meets the defined fence condition. You can select the actions and restrictions to be applied on the device. You can create maximum two fence groups in one fence configuration. The fence groups help to apply restrictions on the device based on the defined fence conditions. The fence group is applied as per the priority. The first priority is given to the latest fence group created. You can edit the name of the fence group and delete the fence group if required.
The define fence option helps to create new fence for Geo, time, and Wi-Fi.
Adding and defining fence configuration
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Fence > Configurations > Add Fence Configuration.
The Add Fence Configuration page is displayed.
Enter the name of the configuration and description.
Select the following required check boxes:
- Compel user to keep GPS ON: Select this check box to force the user to enable GPS on the device. It ensures that the Geo fence triggers as per the defined fence conditions.
- Compel user to keep Wi-Fi ON: Select this check box to force the user to enable Wi-Fi on the device. It ensures that the Wi-Fi fence triggers as per the defined fence conditions.
Select either options:
- Add Fence Group: Select this option to apply restrictions on the already defined fences.
- Define Fence: Select this option to define a new fence.
To create a new fence, follow these steps:
- Click Define Fence. The Define Fence page is displayed.
- Select the fence type such as Geo, Wi-Fi, and Time fence and create the new fence as required. To know how to create different types of fences, see Add Fences.
After the new fence is created, click Add Fence Group to apply restrictions on the defined fences. The Fence Group section is displayed.
Select the Geo Fence, Time Fence, and Wi-Fi Fence that you want to apply on the device.
Set the Fence Relation option to AND or OR as required.
If you select AND, the fence triggers only when all the defined fence conditions are met.
If you select OR, the fence triggers when any of the defined fence conditions meet.
Select any Set Trigger on option:
- Fence In: If you select the fence In, the restrictions will be applied on the device when the device goes into the defined fences (Geo, Time, Wi-Fi) fence.
- Fence Out: If you select Fence Out, the restrictions will be applied on the device when the device goes out of the defined fences (Geo, Time, Wi-Fi).
- Select Action/Alert/Restriction to be performed when the fence configuration is applied on the device.
- Define Actions: When the device comes in the defined fence, the defined actions will be carried out on the device such as Block, Trace, and Notification. The Seqrite mSuite Admin will get the notifications.
- Alerts: If this option is selected, the user will receive email notification when the fence is triggered.
- Apply Restriction: Helps to apply restriction on the device when the fence configuration is applied on the device. The restrictions include Policies, Web Security, and App configurations.
- Click Save. The new fence configuration is created.
- You can reorder the fence groups to change their priority.
- If GPS is blocked in any policy then it will not map with Geo Fence. If Wi-Fi is blocked in any policy then it will not map with Wi-Fi Fence.