The Group option helps you to add a group, view the group information,add devices to the group, and assign a policy. The policies and configurations applied to a group will be applied automatically to multiple devices in that group.
You must create a group and add devices to that group to apply the same type of restrictions. After adding the group, you can edit the group information whenever required. When you create a new device, a default group is created, and the default policy is applied to the user.
Group QR Code
The Group QR Code option provides the facility to enroll multiple Android or iOS devices of any group in a single instance. The devices enrolled using Group QR Code option will be added to Seqrite mSuite console as per the group name with incremental numbering.
For example; if the groupname is QR Group, then the devices added to the Seqrite mSuite console will have the nomenclature as QR Group-1, QR Group-2 and so on. To enroll the devices using Group QR Code, a group owner must be assigned, who will receive all the information about the QR code via email. Other than the group owner, you can also send this QR code details to any other user as well.
When the device user scans the QR code created for a group, the device will be assigned to that group and the policy applied to the group will be automatically applied to the device on approval. The validity of generated QR Code can be set to 30, 60, or 90 days.
Note: When generating the QR code, by default, the AutoApproval check box is not selected on the Seqrite mSuite console. If it is selected, then after scanning the QR code, all the devices of a group will be automatically approved.
Advanced Search for Groups
The Advanced Search option allows you to perform an advanced search of the devices in the groups. The categories to search groups include the following options:
To search groups with Advanced Search option, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Groups > Advanced Search. Select the search categories:
- Select Policy: Helps you to search groups of a particular policy.
- Select Created By: Helps you to search groups by the creator name.
- Click Search. To change the search categories, click Reset.
Groups List Page
The Groups list page displays all the available groups on the Seqrite mSuite console. The table displays information of all the groups. If an exclamation mark is shown next to the Group Name, it indicates that there are non-compliant devices in that group.
The Delete option is not available for the default group, as the default group cannot be deleted.
With selected Options for Groups
The With selected list appears when single or multiple groups are selected. The With selected options for groups are as follows:
- Delete: Helps you to delete the single or multiple selected groups.
- Export CSV: Helps you to export a list of single or multiple selected groups in .csv format.
- Export PDF: Helps you to export a list of single or multiple selected groups in .pdf format.
- Device actions: Helps you to apply anti-theft actions on the devices of the single or multiple selected groups. You can perform actions such as applying default anti-theft setting, apply web security settings, apply Wi-Fi, apply schedule scan, apply app configuration, apply data usage, applypolicy, apply fence configurations, broadcasting files and messages, and push file on device.
- Workspace actions: Helps you to perform different actions on Workspace for a single or multiple selected groups. You can send the commands and perform the actions such as syncing Workspace, apply Workspace policy, apply Workspace profile, Workspace enrollment request, revoke enrollment request, uninstall Workspace, and push file into workspace.
- Select the required With selected option and sub-option (if any) and click Submit.