The anti-theft configuration helps you to block the device and trace the device in case of loss or theft. The default anti-theft configurations are created when you add a new device at the time of approval. With the help of this option, you can create the Anti-Theft configuration and can apply them to the Android devices or iOS supervised devices.
Adding Anti-Theft configuration
To apply Anti-theft configurations, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > Add Configuration.
- In the Add list, select the Anti-Theft option.
- Enter the Configuration Name and the mobile number of the Admin and click Add. The mobile number gets displayed in Admin Mobile Numbers list.
Note: In this section, you have to add contact numbers of the other Seqrite mSuite Admins. You can add up to nine mobile numbers and these numbers will be displayed on the blocked screen of the device for the user to contact the Admin.
- Enter the message in the Block Screen Message text box that should be displayed when the device gets blocked.
Note: The blocked screen message is displayed whenever the user device gets blocked. A default blocked screen message is already displayed in its text box. However, you can edit this message if required.
- Select the Lock device on Airplane Mode check box. This is optional.
This option helps to lock the mobile when the mobile device is in the airplane mode. The device gets locked on the airplane mode only if the password is set on the device as per the password policy criteria.
Note: If the Lock device on Airplane Mode is applied, the lock screen appears.
If SIM is changed, you can take appropriate action on the device. Thus, select the required action from the Action on SIM change list.
- Lock device on SIM Change: This option helps to lock the mobile if the SIM is changed by any unauthorized user or the device is stolen. Select the Lock device on SIM Change check box to enable this option. When the Lock device on SIM Change option is selected, the Notify admin on SIM Change check box gets visible. If required, you can select this option.
The Lock device on SIM Change option is based on three categories:
- If the password is not set on the device, then the device is blocked on SIM change.
- If the password is set on the device as per the password policy criteria, then the device is locked on SIM change.
If the password is set on the device, but not as per the password policy criteria, then the device is blocked on SIM change.
Note: To avoid blocking of the device, ensure to apply the password on the device as per the policy. This action is not applicable for the iOS devices.
Notify admin on SIM Change: With this option, you can send a notification to the alternate numbers of the Admin, when the SIM is changed. If the user of the device changes the SIM, then a notification message will be sent to the alternative numbers (mentioned in anti-theft alternative contact number list). If the user of the device unlocks or unblocks the device within five minutes, then the notification message will not be sent to the Admin.
Note: The Notify admin on SIM Change check box is dependent on the Lock device on SIM Change. If Lock device on SIM Change option is selected, then only you can view the Notify admin on SIM Change check box. This action is not applicable for the iOS devices.
Block device on SIM Change: When you select this option on the Seqrite mSuite console and if the device user inserts a new SIM in the device, the device will be blocked. This option is beneficial when you do not want the device user to use any new SIM in the device.
Note: When the device is blocked and the device user removes the newly inserted SIM, the device will be unblocked. This action is not applicable for the iOS devices.
- Select the Default check box to make this configuration as default. The default configuration will be applied to the newly added device automatically.
- Click Save. The Anti-Theft configuration is created successfully.
Anti-Theft configuration Overview
After the Anti-Theft configuration is created, the Anti-Theft Configuration Details page is displayed.
To navigate directly to the Anti-Theft Configuration Details page, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > select a configuration > click Edit icon.
- To view the anti-theft configuration, click the Edit icon available next to the anti-theft configuration only.
- The Anti-Theft Configuration Details page is displayed. The following options are available.
- Overview: Helps you to view the Anti-Theft configuration details. You can view the Configuration Name, Updated On, Total Devices, and Default status. You can also view recently added devices. To display all the devices added to the selected configuration, click Show all.
- Edit: You can edit the Anti-Theft configuration details and assign the default configurations from this section.
Editing Anti-Theft configuration
The Edit tab includes the Edit details and Devices sections.
- Edit details: Lets you edit the Anti-Theft Configuration added to the Seqrite mSuite console.
- Devices: Lets you view the number of devices to which the Anti-Theft configuration is applied. You can also add more devices to the Anti-Theft configuration.
Note: If the anti-theft configuration is edited, the current version of the anti-theft configuration will be changed.
To edit the configuration details and apply configuration on the device, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations.
- Select the anti-theft configuration to be edited and click the Edit icon > Edit tab > Edit details. The Anti-Theft Configuration Details page is displayed.
- You can edit the configuration details such as the Setting Name, Administrator Mobile Numbers, Block Screen Messages, and notification options such as Lock device on SIM Change, Notify admin on SIM Change, Block device on SIM Change, and Lock device on Airplane Mode.
- Select Default check box to make the Anti-Theft configuration as the default configuration, and click Save.
- Click Devices section and then click Apply configuration to device. The Apply configuration to device dialog box is displayed.
- Select the devices to which you want to apply the configuration and click Apply.
The configuration is edited and applied to the selected devices.
- To remove the anti-theft configuration from the devices, click the Devices section and select the check box available in front of the device name and click Remove.