The Wi-Fi configuration helps you to enable Wi-Fi on the user’s device without sharing the Wi-Fi credentials. You can revoke Wi-Fi configuration whenever it is not required. This helps you to create Wi-Fi configurations and later apply to the device.
Adding Wi-Fi configuration
To add Wi-Fi- configuration, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > Add > Wi-Fi. The Add Wi-Fi Configuration page is displayed.
- Enter Network SSID and select the Security option for the company. The security options include WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK, and None.
- If you select WEP, the Password Type appears. There are password types such as ASCII, and Hexadecimal.
- In case of WPA/WPA2 PSK, the Password text box is displayed.
- Select the security option and enter the password, and then click Save. The Wi-Fi configuration is applied successfully.
Note: WEP type is supported only on the Android devices.
You must collect the SSID, Security Option, and Password Type details from IT Administrator of the organization.
Overviewing Wi-Fi configuration
After the Wi-Fi configuration is created, the Wi-Fi Configuration Details page is displayed.
To navigate directly to the Wi-Fi Configuration Details page, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > select a configuration > click the Edit icon. The Wi-Fi Configuration Details page is displayed.
The following options are available.
Note: To edit any Wi-Fi configuration, you must click the Edit icon available next to the Wi-Fi configuration only.
- Overview: Helps you to view the Wi-Fi configuration details. You can view the Network SSID, Security Option, Updated on, and Total Devices. You can also view recently added devices. To display all the devices added to the selected configuration, click Show all.
- Edit: Helps you to edit the Wi-Fi configuration details and assign the default configurations.
Editing Wi-Fi configuration
The Edit tab includes Edit details and Devices sections.
- Edit details: Lets you edit the information of the Wi-Fi configuration (Network SSID and security options) added to the Seqrite mSuite console.
- Devices: Lets you view the number of added devices to the Wi-Fi configuration. You can also add the devices to the Wi-Fi configuration.
Note: If the configuration is edited, the current version of the configurations will be changed.
To edit the configurations and apply configurations on the device, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Configurations > select a configuration > click Edit icon > Edit tab > Edit details.
- You can edit the configuration details such as Network SSID, Security Option, change password type for WEP, and edit password for WPA/WPA2 PSK. Then click Save.
- Click Devices section and then click Apply configuration to device. The Apply configuration to devices dialog box is displayed.
- Select the devices that you want to add to the configuration and click Apply. Configurations are applied to the device.
- To remove the applied Wi-Fi configuration from any device, go to Devices section and select the check box available in front of the device name and click Remove.