This chapter includes the information about how to add a policy, view and edit the policy details, and import the policies.
Adding a policy
To add a new policy, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Policy > Add Policy.
- Enter Policy Name and Description.
Select the Default check box to make this policy as the default policy. This default policy will be applied to all the newly added devices.
- Click Next to apply the policies. The Add Policy page is displayed.
The Edit Policy tab includes different policies divided in sections such as; All, Password Policies, Device, Device Applications, and App Security. To know more about policies, see Policy Details.
- To turn on (enable) the policy, click the red circle. This policy gets active and applies restriction on the device.
- Click Save. New policy is created successfully.
- To add AMA related policies, click Edit Enterprise Policy.
- Configure as required. For details regarding AMA Policies, see Android Management API Policy.
- Click Save and Publish.
Policy is updated successfully.
|You can save a normal mSuite policy without configuring the Edit AMA policies.
However, to save an AMA policy, you must create and save a normal mSuite policy first.
Viewing a policy
After you create a new policy, you can view the policy, edit the policy information, and add the groups to the policy. You can also view the version number of the policy. Editing the policy will change the current version of the policy.
To view the policy information, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Policy.
- On the Policy list page, select the policy and click the Edit icon.
- The Policy Details page is displayed. The Overview tab displays the following policy information; Policy Details and Recently applied to groups.
- Policy Details: Shows the Policy Name, No. of Groups, Description, and Default.
- Recently applied to groups: Shows the date and time when the policy was created and also view the recently added groups.
The Show all option helps you to view all the groups to which the policy has been applied. Clicking Show all, will navigate you to view all the added groups to the policy.
Editing policy details and groups
The Edit tab includes the Edit details and Groups sections. The Edit details section allows you to make changes to the policy name and policy description. From Groups section you can view the policy that is assigned to the group and also, apply the selected policy to more number of groups. You can also add the selected policy to the new groups and devices.
Note: Editing the policy will change the current version of that policy.
To edit the policy information, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Policy > Edit icon > Edit > Edit details.
- You can edit the information such as; Policy Name and Description.
- To make this policy a default policy, select the Default check box.
Note: The default policy will be auto-applied to the newly added device.
- Click Save.
- Click the Groups section and then click Add policy to groups.
The Apply Policy to Group dialog box is displayed. You can search the groups or select the groups from the list.
- Select the group that you want to add to the policy and click Add Group. The groups are added to the devices.
Editing the policy
You can edit the selected policy and apply the policies to the group. You can turn on the selected policy to apply the restrictions on the device.
To edit a policy, follow these steps:
Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Policy > Edit icon > Edit Policy.
A policy is divided into different sections such as All, Password, Devices, Device Applications, and App Security Policies.
Sign indicators on policy page are as follows:
|Applied||The parameter is part of that policy.|
|Not Applied||The parameter is not part of the policy. To apply that parameter, click in the circle.|
|Not Available||The parameter does not apply to that specific operating system.|
To know more about policies, see Policy Details.
- Click Save and Publish. All the edited policies are displayed.
- Enter the comments about the changes in the description box and click Confirm.
Note: A new version number is generated whenever changes are made to the policy.
Importing a policy
All the policies can be imported to get the details. Only one policy can be imported in a single instance. When performing the import action, a specific file format is required. To know more about the file format, click the Download XLS sample format link. The imported file shows the information about the policy name, applied to (Android and iOS), and name of the dependent policies.
To import a policy, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Profiles > Policies > Import.
- In Import policy dialog box, select the file to be imported and click Import. Policy file is imported successfully.