This feature allows to initiate scanning on remote endpoints. You can initiate a manual scan with preconfigured policies or custom scan. This feature reduces the additional task of personally overseeing each target endpoint.
To initiate scanning, follow these steps:
- On the Status page, select the endpoints you want to scan.
- The client action bar is enabled above the table. In the Client Actions drop down, select Scan.
- In the Please Select list, select Start Scan.
Start Scan dialog appears.
Click Start Scan to start the scan of the selected endpoints. The action will be initiated on the client as per set polling interval.
You can stop scanning by clicking Stop Scan at any time you prefer.
You can customize the scan settings if required.
- To customize the scan settings, click Scan Settings.
In the Scan Settings section, do the following:
- In Scan type section, select either Quick Scan or Full System Scan. Quick Scan includes scanning of the drive where operating system is installed, and Full System Scan includes scanning of all fixed drives.
- Select Scan Priority. The Scan Priority is Normal by default. You can change the priority to Low or High, if required.
Select either Automatic or Advanced scan mode.
Automatic scanning involves optimum scanning and is selected by default.
When the Advanced scan mode option is selected, all the related attributes get enabled. Do the following:
- From the Select the items to scan options, select either Scan executable files option or Scan all files option. Scanning of all files takes a longer time.
- The Scan packed files and Scan archive files check boxes are selected, by default. You can select the Scan mailboxes check box if required.
- In Archive Scan Level, set the scan level. You can set the level for scanning in an archive file up to 16. The default scan level is 2. Increasing the default scan level may affect the scanning speed.
To remove an infected file from your system, Select action from the drop down list:
– Select action when a virus is found in the archive file, whether you want to delete, quarantine, or skip the file.
– Select action when a virus is found in your active folder/drives, whether you want to delete, quarantine, or skip the file.
- Under Antimalware Scan Settings, Perform Antimalware scan is selected, by default.
- Select action when a malware is found, whether you want to clean or skip the file. The action selected here will be taken automatically.
Under Boot Time Scan Settings, Perform Boot Time Scan is selected, by default. The Select Boot Time Scan Mode option is activated. Select one of the following scan options:
- Quick Scan
- Full System Scan
- After configuring the scan setting, click Apply Changes.
The new setting is applied. You can reset the Scan setting to default with Reset button, if required.
- Scan packed files, Scan mailboxes, Antimalware Scan Settings, and Boot Time Scan Settings are available only in the clients with Windows operating systems.
- Notification for Scan from the SEQRITE Endpoint Security console will not be sent if the user is not logged on to the Mac system.