SEQRITE Managed Security Service Portal (SEQRITE MSSP)
1. What is SEQRITE MSSP Portal?
SEQRITE Managed Security Service Portal or SEQRITE MSSP is a web-based portal. SEQRITE MSSP empowers managing multi-tenant SEQRITE HawkkEye deployments with any combination of SEQRITE products including SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan, and HawkkHunt.
2. SEQRITE MSSP console/dashboard?
Dashboard of SEQRITE MSSP console displays current status on various situations such as the number of the sites listed, all the activated licenses, the sites that need immediate attention, the licenses that are expiring soon, the licenses that are under certain SEQRITE MSSP editions, and so on.
3. What are the browsers supported?
SEQRITE MSSP portal is supported on any of the following browsers.
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome 60 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 55 and above
- Safari (Only Mac) 11, 12 and 13
4. What are the details (widgets, telemetry, alerts) related to SEQRITE portfolio available at the SEQRITE MSSP console/dashboard?
Some of the common parameters such as the number of active commercial sites, sites that need attention from security viewpoints, licenses expiring in near future, number of licenses of other SEQRITE products, viruses and malware detected, and any policy breaches are available for view.
5. What are the monitoring and reporting options available at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Dashboard, Sites, Partners, license types, license status, and period for the reports are important monitoring parameters.
6. What are the customer insights/telemetry info available at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
The customer insights and telemetry include Customer Industry, Industry Segment, Geo Regions, User Sizing, and Annual Revenue.
7. What are the changes after SEQRITE MSSP and SEQRITE HawkkEye integration?
Following are the changes after SEQRITE MSSP and SEQRITE HawkkEye integration.
(1) Without SEQRITE HawkkEye being integrated with SEQRITE MSSP, partner/MSP could deploy multiple EPS sites individually. After integration of HawkkEye, partner/MSP can deploy multiple SEQRITE HawkkEye sites with any combination of SEQRITE portfolio.
(2) All the SEQRITE Endpoint cloud sites deployed through SEQRITE MSSP portal prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration will be successfully migrated as SEQRITE HawkkEye sites on the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
(3) All the SEQRITE HawkkEye sites, deployed prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, with any combination of SEQRITE portfolio such as SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan and their respective add-on licenses will remain intact under the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
(4) Prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, SEQRITE EPS customers used to log in to the SEQRITE EPS console directly, but now they will have to log in to SEQRITE HawkkEye first and then can navigate to SEQRITE EPS.
(5) Post SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, user and license management will be performed through SEQRITE HawkkEye and they will no longer be accessible from SEQRITE EPS.
8. What is multi-tenancy? How is it supported through SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Multiple number of tenants can be deployed from SEQRITE MSSP. Tenants can be from any of the SEQRITE MSSP supported systems such as SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, SEQRITE HawkkProtect, SEQRITE HawkkScan.
9. Can I deploy the SEQRITE products through SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye?
Yes. You can onboard the SEQRITE products through either SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye.
10. Whether I should deploy SEQRITE portfolio through SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye?
If you register for SEQRITE portfolio on your own, you can deploy it through HawkkEye. If a partner processes the registration on your behalf, SEQRITE portfolio needs to be deployed through SEQRITE MSSP portal.
11. What is Two-Factor-Authentication (2FA)?
2FA is security process implemented to enhance protection for resources the user can access in a corporate IT system. 2FA is a used to enhance protection when logging on to corporate system in which users provide two different authentication factors to verify themselves. These two factors may be the username and logon password, and an OTP that is sent to the user’s registered mobile number or email address.
12. What is the procedure to enable/disable 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
The Super admin of Seqrite MSSP has the privilege to add 2FA when a new user is created, or to edit an existing user and add the 2FA to the user logon process.
The older Google Authenticator App Based 2FA has been eliminated with MSSP 3.1 release starting from 22/04/2023. It is replaced by Simple MFA with Email-based OTP and SMS-based OTP. For more information, please refer to this link.
The Super admin of Seqrite MSSP has the privilege to disable 2FA for a by editing the existing user details. Super admin can re-enable 2FA for the user again anytime.
13. How to use the Simple MFA?
To use Simple MFA, the Super administrator must have enabled MFA for your account. When you logging in to the MSSP portal, you will receive the OTP on your registered email address. Use that OTP to logging in to the MSSP portal. If the Super administrator has enabled the SMS-based OTP option for your account, you will also receive the OTP on your registered mobile number provided you have verified your mobile number.
14. What happens to users who have enabled Google Authenticator based 2FA after MSSP 3.1 release, where Seqrite has introduced Simple MFA with Email-based OTP and SMS-based OTP?
The user will no longer get the OTP on the Google Authenticator app. Instead, the OTPs would be sent to the user’s registered email address. If the SMS-based OTP option is enabled by the administrator, and if that mobile number is verified by the user then the OTP will be sent to that user’s registered mobile number as well.
15. What is the procedure to login to MSSP if user changes his/her mobile number and Simple MFA is enabled with SMS-based OTP?
The user needs to verify the new mobile number in the MSSP portal.
16. Do we need to enable 2FA again at SEQRITE MSSP portal for the user (partner/MSP) who is associated with multiple tenants?
No, if 2FA is enabled then it will be applicable throughout the MSSP application for the same user.
17. How many invalid attempts are allowed for 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal and what happens if user (partner/MSP) exceeds invalid attempts?
After 3 invalid attempts, the error screen pops up. Click ‘Go to Sign In!’, enter email address and password again then enter correct OTP (received on either email address or registered verified mobile number) and click ‘Sign In’, you will be able to login successfully.
18. For how long the secret code is valid for 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
19. Who can enable/disable 2FA for users at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Only a person with Super admin privileges can enable/disable 2FA for users of Seqrite MSSP.
20. How will a Partner/MSP know that 2FA is enabled / disabled for the corresponding account at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Whenever Super Admin enables / disables 2FA for any user then user will be notified by an email. The account holder can also send an email about it to the administrator requesting to enable or rest 2FA.
21. How can I log in if 2FA has been enabled?
To log in, please see the ‘Using Two factor Authentication (2FA)’ section at Using Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
22. Who can enable or disable 2FA for users?
Only a person with Super admin privileges can enable or disable 2FA for users of Seqrite MSSP.
23. How to enable 2FA for Super admin?
For newly on-boarded MSSP Super admin, 2FA will be enabled by default.
Note: For existing Super admins, they can navigate to user profile page and enable the 2FA for them.
24. How will a user know that 2FA is enabled or disabled for his Seqrite MSSP account?
Whenever Super admin enables or disables 2FA for any user then user will be notified by an email.
25. Why am I not able to avail the SMS-based OTP authentication facility?
At present, SMS-based OTP authentication is available for mobile numbers with ISD code +91. This means that users with mobile numbers registered in India can receive a one-time password via SMS for authentication purposes.
26. What are the events tracked by activity logs on the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Activities such as user login/logout, a site is added or edited, a site with 2FA is added or edited, a policy is applied to a site, a site with a policy is edited, failed sites are retried, failed product is retried, web console is accessed, a policy is updated, the license is synced to update the license information, the primary email address is changed, and so on are captured in the log activity.
27. What are the SEQRITE HawkkEye dashboard enhancements related to SEQRITE HawkkProtect?
Following are the main enhancements.
(1) New SEQRITE HawkkProtect widget for top 5 users and top 5 applications have been added.
(2) Top 5 users display the user list with the data transferred till date and users blocked.
(3) Top 5 applications display the application list with the data transferred till date and applications blocked.
28. What are the changes related to SEQRITE CMS deprecation from the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
SEQRITE CMS onboarding will be possible through specific partner as per the configuration made in the application properties. CMS will no longer be available under the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
28. For which SEQRITE products, supports in localization are available from SEQRITE MSSP and HawkkEye?
(1) SEQRITE HawkkEye is supported in Japanese language along with English and Korean.
(2) SEQRITE MSSP is supported in Korean language along with English and Japanese.
Note: These languages will be supported by SEQRITE Endpoint product only. Other enterprise products are basically available in English.
29. What are the different statuses of the sites? How do they make a difference?
Status of the sites includes license information like whether your license is still a trial version or it is commercial one, whether the license is active or inactive, whether the activation of the license has failed or the license has expired.
You can view the status of the sites in the Sites option. Depending upon the status, you can take an action on time and enjoy a secure digital experience.
30. What all SEQRITE products are supported on the SEQRITE MSSP portal? I have purchased SEQRITE mSuite, if I can onboard this product to the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
SEQRITE MSSP empowers managing multi-tenant SEQRITE HawkkEye deployments with any combination of SEQRITE products including SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan, and HawkkHunt.
You can view what product types you are managing under the Product list in the Sites option.