SEQRITE Managed Security Service Portal (SEQRITE MSSP)
1. What is SEQRITE MSSP Portal?
SEQRITE Managed Security Service Portal or SEQRITE MSSP is a web-based portal. SEQRITE MSSP empowers managing multi-tenant SEQRITE HawkkEye deployments with any combination of SEQRITE products including SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan, and HawkkHunt.
2. SEQRITE MSSP console/dashboard?
Dashboard of SEQRITE MSSP console displays current status on various situations such as the number of the sites listed, all the activated licenses, the sites that need immediate attention, the licenses that are expiring soon, the licenses that are under certain SEQRITE MSSP editions, and so on.
3. What are the browsers supported?
SEQRITE MSSP portal is supported on any of the following browsers.
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome 60 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 55 and above
- Safari (Only Mac) 11, 12 and 13
4. What are the details (widgets, telemetry, alerts) related to SEQRITE portfolio available at the SEQRITE MSSP console/dashboard?
Some of the common parameters such as the number of active commercial sites, sites that need attention from security viewpoints, licenses expiring in near future, number of licenses of other SEQRITE products, viruses and malware detected, and any policy breaches are available for view.
5. What are the monitoring and reporting options available at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Dashboard, Sites, Partners, license types, license status, and period for the reports are important monitoring parameters.
6. What are the customer insights/telemetry info available at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
The customer insights and telemetry include Customer Industry, Industry Segment, Geo Regions, User Sizing, and Annual Revenue.
7. What are the changes after SEQRITE MSSP and SEQRITE HawkkEye integration?
Following are the changes after SEQRITE MSSP and SEQRITE HawkkEye integration.
(1) Without SEQRITE HawkkEye being integrated with SEQRITE MSSP, partner/MSP could deploy multiple EPS sites individually. After integration of HawkkEye, partner/MSP can deploy multiple SEQRITE HawkkEye sites with any combination of SEQRITE portfolio.
(2) All the SEQRITE Endpoint cloud sites deployed through SEQRITE MSSP portal prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration will be successfully migrated as SEQRITE HawkkEye sites on the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
(3) All the SEQRITE HawkkEye sites, deployed prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, with any combination of SEQRITE portfolio such as SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan and their respective add-on licenses will remain intact under the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
(4) Prior to SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, SEQRITE EPS customers used to log in to the SEQRITE EPS console directly, but now they will have to log in to SEQRITE HawkkEye first and then can navigate to SEQRITE EPS.
(5) Post SEQRITE HawkkEye integration, user and license management will be performed through SEQRITE HawkkEye and they will no longer be accessible from SEQRITE EPS.
8. What is multi-tenancy? How is it supported through SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Multiple number of tenants can be deployed from SEQRITE MSSP. Tenants can be from any of the SEQRITE MSSP supported systems such as SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, SEQRITE HawkkProtect, SEQRITE HawkkScan.
9. Can I deploy the SEQRITE products through SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye?
Yes. You can onboard the SEQRITE products through either SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye.
10. Whether I should deploy SEQRITE portfolio through SEQRITE MSSP portal or HawkkEye?
If you register for SEQRITE portfolio on your own, you can deploy it through HawkkEye. If a partner processes the registration on your behalf, SEQRITE portfolio needs to be deployed through SEQRITE MSSP portal.
11. What is Two-Factor-Authentication (2FA)?
Two-Factor-Authentication or 2FA is an authentication method where the users have to verify whether they are genuine and authorized users twice. Given the rising brute force attacks, this is the best security facility to avoid unauthorized login attempts.
12. What is the procedure to enable/disable 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
When you add a site, a partner, or a user, you can see an option to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). When 2FA is enabled, a verification code is sent to your contact number and you have to enter the code to authenticate yourself each time you log in.
13. What is the procedure to log in to SEQRITE MSSP portal if partner/MSP change their mobile device and 2FA is enabled?
In this case, user has to contact the SEQRITE support team to get 2FA reset. You can see our support contacts at http://www.SEQRITE.com/SEQRITE-support-center.
14. Do we need to enable 2FA again at SEQRITE MSSP portal for the user (partner/MSP) who is associated with multiple tenants?
Once 2FA is registered, there is no need to re-enable 2FA.
15. What is the procedure to reset 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Once you have set 2FA, you do not need to reset it.
However, if you change the mobile device or your login credentials are blocked because of three failed login attempts, you need to contact the SEQRITE support team to get 2FA reset. You can see our support contacts at http://www.SEQRITE.com/SEQRITE-support-center.
16. How many invalid attempts are allowed for 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal and what happens if user (partner/MSP) exceeds invalid attempts?
Three attempts for log in are allowed. If a user fails to authenticate the 2FA for three consecutive times, the account is blocked. User has to contact the SEQRITE support team to get 2FA reset. You can see our support contacts at http://www.SEQRITE.com/SEQRITE-support-center.
17. For how long the secret code is valid for 2FA at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
18. Who can enable/disable/ reset 2FA for users at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Users can set 2FA factor while registering themselves.
However, if you change the mobile device or your login credentials are blocked because of three failed login attempts, you need to contact the SEQRITE support team to get 2FA reset. You can see our support contacts at http://www.SEQRITE.com/SEQRITE-support-center
19. How will a partner/MSP know that 2FA is enabled / disabled / reset for the corresponding account at SEQRITE MSSP portal?
If an account is blocked, an email is sent regarding it to the partner/MSP. At the same time, the account holder can send an email about it to the administrator requesting to enable or rest 2FA.
20. How to import partner/MSP with 2FA enabled?
To log in, please see the ‘Logging in with 2FA’ section at https://docs.seqrite.com/docs/seqrite-mssp/sites.
21. How can I log in if 2FA has been enabled?
To log in, please see the ‘Logging in with 2FA’ section at https://docs.SEQRITE.com/docs/SEQRITE-mssp/sites/.
22. What are the events tracked by activity logs on the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
Activities such as user login/logout, a site is added or edited, a site with 2FA is added or edited, a policy is applied to a site, a site with a policy is edited, failed sites are retried, failed product is retried, web console is accessed, a policy is updated, the license is synced to update the license information, the primary email address is changed, and so on are captured in the log activity.
23. What are the SEQRITE HawkkEye dashboard enhancements related to SEQRITE HawkkProtect?
Following are the main enhancements.
(1) New SEQRITE HawkkProtect widget for top 5 users and top 5 applications have been added.
(2) Top 5 users display the user list with the data transferred till date and users blocked.
(3) Top 5 applications display the application list with the data transferred till date and applications blocked.
24. What are the changes related to SEQRITE CMS deprecation from the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
SEQRITE CMS onboarding will be possible through specific partner as per the configuration made in the application properties. CMS will no longer be available under the SEQRITE MSSP portal.
25. For which SEQRITE products, supports in localization are available from SEQRITE MSSP and HawkkEye?
(1) SEQRITE HawkkEye is supported in Japanese language along with English and Korean.
(2) SEQRITE MSSP is supported in Korean language along with English and Japanese.
Note: These languages will be supported by SEQRITE Endpoint product only. Other enterprise products are basically available in English.
26. What are the different statuses of the sites? How do they make a difference?
Status of the sites includes license information like whether your license is still a trial version or it is commercial one, whether the license is active or inactive, whether the activation of the license has failed or the license has expired.
You can view the status of the sites in the Sites option. Depending upon the status, you can take an action on time and enjoy a secure digital experience.
27. What all SEQRITE products are supported on the SEQRITE MSSP portal? I have purchased SEQRITE mSuite, if I can onboard this product to the SEQRITE MSSP portal?
SEQRITE MSSP empowers managing multi-tenant SEQRITE HawkkEye deployments with any combination of SEQRITE products including SEQRITE EPS Cloud, SEQRITE mSuite, HawkkProtect, HawkkScan, and HawkkHunt.
You can view what product types you are managing under the Product list in the Sites option.