Roaming Service allows the EPS clients to interact with the EPS Server when the clients move outside the organizational network.
Roaming Service also allows the EPS clients to carry out the actions which local clients does normally. The EPS roaming client can update their status, fetch policies, perform client actions, send reports to the Server, download latest update from the EPS Server, etc.
An Internet connection is required for using Roaming Service.
Process flow of Roaming Service
The UI of this page is dynamic, will change according to completed steps. On this page first you need to register for Roaming Service.
After successful registration, Roaming Service is enabled by default. Manual mode to setup the clients for roaming is selected by default. You need to enable Roaming Service on endpoints. The procedure is explained below.
Register for Roaming Service
Fresh Installation / First time User
If you are using the Roaming Service for the first time, follow these steps.
- To Register for Roaming Service, click Connect to Cloud Platform button.
- A confirmation message appears. Click OK.
The Server is registered for Roaming Service successfully.
This is a one-time process.
If you have reactivated Seqrite Endpoint Security, follow these steps.
- To Register for Roaming Service, click RConnect to Cloud Platform button.
- The Email Confirmation dialog appears. Confirm the Email address to receive the OTP. The Email address is of Super Admin.
- Click Confirm.
- The OTP will be sent immediately to the confirmed Email address. Copy the OTP from that Email. The OTP is valid for only 24 hours.
- To register immediately, follow these steps.
i. In the Enter OTP dialog, enter the OTP.
ii. Click Verify.
If you want to register later, follow these steps.
i. In the Enter OTP dialog, click Close.
ii. The I have an OTP button appears on the page for 24 hours only. Click I have an OTP button.
iii. In the Enter OTP dialog, enter the OTP.
iv. Click Verify.
After successful verification, Roaming Service connection is established.
Enabling Roaming Service
After successful registration, Roaming Service is enabled by default.
Now on the page, you can view an accordion of Enable Roaming Service with expand sign and toggle button. By default, the switch is ON that means Roaming Service is enabled so the roaming clients and the EPS server can communicate. If you turn OFF the switch, that means Roaming Service is disabled so the roaming clients and the EPS server cannot communicate.
Modes to setup endpoints for roaming
When you expand the accordion of Enable Roaming Service, the following mode options appear.
- Manual Mode – By default, this mode is selected. In this mode, only endpoints on which the Roaming Service is enabled, can communicate with the server if they go out of organizational network. By default, Roaming Service is disabled for all endpoints. To enable Roaming Service on endpoints, go to the Status page. For more information, See Roaming Service.
- Automatic Mode – In this mode, all endpoints can communicate with the server if they go out of organizational network. If you want to set the Automatic Mode, select the Automatic Mode option.
Click Save to save your settings.