The procedure to install Seqrite Client on different operating systems is as follows,
Installing Seqrite Client on Windows
- Copy the Client Installer created from Online/Standalone Installer to Windows system.
- Extract the zip file on the system.
- Execute the installer file. The name of installer file, as per the options selected is as follows,
- 32-bit with AV – clagav32
- 32-bit without AV – clagnt32
- 64-bit with AV – clagav64
- 64-bit without AV – clagnt64
- Minimal – minimal.exe
- On executing the installer file, the Seqrite Client Agent is installed.
Installing Seqrite Client on Mac
- Download the
.TAR file from the Seqrite console.
- Extract the tar file.
- Double-click the installer file (MCLAGNT.DMG). The Endpoint Security icon is mounted on the desktop.
- Double click the Endpoint Security icon. An installer window will appear.
- Double click the Seqrite Installer icon in the window. “Verifying Client Agent installer” message is displayed.
- After the verification is complete, a message appears, "Client Agent Installer” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?”
- Click Open button.
- Provide username and password of the system when prompted by the installer.
- Click OK.
If password-protected Client Installer is being executed, then it will ask for Client Installer password first and then it will ask for System password.
- The Client Agent will be installed. A message, “Endpoint Security Client installed successfully” appears.
- Click OK.
The AV will be automatically downloaded and installed in the background. After installation, AV will get activated and its status will be sent to the server.
- To install Endpoint Security on macOS Catalina, refer KB article,
Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud’s compatibility with macOS Catalina (10.15)
- To install Endpoint Security on Big Sur, refer KB article,
Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 supports macOS Big Sur 11
Installing Seqrite Client on Linux
- Log in as root and go to the terminal.
- Go to the directory containing Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud installation folder and run ./install script. The installation script will copy the necessary files to the /usr/lib/Seqrite/Seqrite folder.
- Configure Seqrite and save your settings.
To enhance the security, older version client deployment is not compatible with EPS cloud 1.8.
Only EPS Client 10.8 can be installed; older version client deployment is not compatible with EPS cloud 1.8.
If the user tries to install an older version client, the customer will not get any notification on the client regarding failed client installation.