This feature helps to receive notification to the given Email ID, give access to client settings.
This feature allows you to create a policy that authorizes the clients to receive notification to the given Email ID, to access client settings and change their own password, enable or disable Safe Mode Protection, Self Protection, and News Alert.
- Create Container/feature policy for Miscellaneous.
- Enable and expand Notification.
- Select the following check boxes as per requirement to receive the notification when the incidents occur:
- Virus detected on endpoints
- Intrusion detected on endpoints
- Attempt to breach device control policy
- Attempt to breach DLP policy
- Hardware change detected on endpoints
- Endpoint virus definition is older than N days
- Attempt to access unauthorized application
- Virus active on endpoints
- Select the Email Address from the list to receive the notifications. You can also add new Email Address. Enter new Email Address in the text box, and click Add. You can delete the Email Address with the help of Delete button.
- Enable and expand SNMP Configuration. Here you can enter the IP address of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) server in your network. This SNMP Server IP Address is sent to the client. As soon as the virus/ransomeware attack incident occurs, the client sends SNMP notification to the SNMP server and to the EPS server also. In the network without SNMP server, the virus attack notification is sent to the EPS server only as per heartbeat interval set for the client. Enter the SNMP Server IP Address in the text box.
- The Trap notifications can be viewed in the SNMP server where the configuration file, seqrite.mib is imported. Download the seqrite.mib file from the following SNMP Trap KB article,
- To give access to the client settings, Enable and expand Client Password.
- In Enter Password, type the password and then re-type the same password in Confirm Password field. The clients will have to use these passwords for accessing the client settings.
The Safe Mode Protection check box is selected by default. Seqrite recommends that you do not disable this feature.
- The Self Protection setting is enabled by default. Seqrite recommends that you do not disable this feature.
- Expand Data Backup. Data Backup automatically and periodically (multiple times a day) takes a backup of all your important and confidential files present on the endpoint. If you update any file, then this feature automatically takes backup of the latest copy. In the Data Backup section, do the following,
- Default Backup Location is selected by default. The backup data is stored at the default location, by default. EPS Cloud server searches all volumes on the local PC and then selects the drive with maximum free space to store the backup data locally.
- Select New Backup Location option if you want to store your backup data at ther location. Enter the folder path.
- Select Network Path Location option if you want to store your backup data of all machines on a particular system in the network. Enter the Network Path Location.
- Enter Username and Password.
- Click Test to verify the location.
- You may receive an error message, because the server does not have access to the Network Path Location, but client may have access to the Network Path Location.
- You may receive a success message but ensure that client have access to the Network Path Location.
- Shared drive will be created using Samba for Linux and Mac.
- You can view the list of default extensions by clicking the View Button.
- You can add custom extensions to the list as per your requirement. Enter extension and maximum file size in the text boxes.
- Click Add. You can delete the extension with Delete button.
- To exclude file extension from the data backup, enter the extension in Exclude File Extension box. Click Add. You can delete the excluded extension with Delete button.
While performing backup, avoid including large size files such as PST, media files to ensure stable system performance and network operations. After successful client installation, backup starts after 6 hours. Disable this feature if you have any other provision for data backup (Example: File server backup, Data backup server, etc.)
We have provided a backup facility with EPS Cloud. To restore your data, contact EPS Cloud Support Team.
- Expand Desktop Shortcut and Tray Icon. As per requirement, select the check boxes to create shortcuts for the following:
- Safe Banking
- Secure Browse
You can configure number of days to change the colour of the tray icon if the client is not updated for a set number of days.
Select number of days to turn the tray icon to red.
Desktop Shortcut and change Tray icon colour feature is not supported on Mac operating system.