SEQRITE recommends customers of EPS 7.6 should migrate to SEQRITE EPS 8.0.
For the current EPS 7.6 customers, SEQRITE is providing a tool to migrate data of clients and groups from EPS 7.6 to EPS 8.0.
This page will guide you through the step-by-step migration process to migrate EPS 7.6 data of clients and groups to EPS 8.0. This page is active for only 60 days from the activation date of Migration feature.
- Service Pack 5.0 applied on EPS 7.6 Server and clients
- Windows and Linux
For System requirements for Seqrite EPS clients, See System Requirements.
- If the OS requirements are not met, the client and groups data will not be migrated to EPS 8.0.
- The client is installed in the default path. You can modify the client installation path, if required. If you want to change the path, you should change the path before migration.
To change the client installation path, go to EPS 8.0 console > Configurations > Client Installation.
EPS 7.6 Migration process means migrating the data of clients and groups from the EPS Server 7.6 to the EPS Server 8.0.
Migrating Clients and Groups
To migrate EPS 7.6 data of clients and groups to EPS 8.0, follow these steps:
- Go to EPS 8.0 console > Deployment > EPS 7.6 Migration page.
- Click the Export Tool button. The tool is downloaded.
- Execute the Export Tool on the EPS 7.6 server.
- After the Export Tool is executed, ‘Do you want to change export location? [y/n]’, question appears. To provide local system path to export data of the Groups and clients, type ‘y’ and type the path.
To export the data to the default path, type ‘n’.
The default export path is installation directorySeqriteEndpoint Security 7.60AdminExport.
After validating the path, the data is exported in the .DAT format at the set path. The Client.dat and Groups.dat files will be zipped automatically to Export.zip by the Export Tool.
- Go to EPS 8.0 console> Deployment > EPS 7.6 Migration page.
- Click the Import Data button. The Import Data dialog appears. By default, the Client and Groups check boxes are selected, so all clients and groups are imported. If you don’t want to import groups, clear the Groups check box.
- Click Browse to Import Export.zip file.
- Click Import. The data is imported successfully. The success message appears.
- For Windows, do the following.
- If you want to change the default client installation path, go to EPS 8.0 console > Configurations > Client Installation. Else, client will be installed at default location.
- On EPS 7.6 Migration page, click the Client Migration Tool button.
- The Client Migration Tool, migrate.zip is downloaded.
- Extract the zipped file on the EPS 7.6 server. The extracted folder contains clagnt.dat and acsvpack.exe files.
- Execute acsvpack.exe on the EPS 7.6 server. This will apply Service pack on the endpoint.
- Restart the endpoint when the restart prompt will appear on the endpoint. You will receive 2 restart prompts during migration process in case you have not rebooted the system after EPS 7.6 client installation.
- For Linux, do the following.
- Go to EPS 8.0 console > Deployment > Online Installer page.
- Download latest Linux Seqrite Client packager on the Linux client.
- The Client Installer tar file is downloaded. Extract the files on the Linux client.
- Execute the Installer. Uninstallation of previous version and installation of latest version will be done automatically.
The data of clients and groups will be migrated successfully.
Migrated Clients will appear online on the EPS 8.0 console.
Removing inactive clients from EPS 7.6
The migrated clients appear offline/inactive on the EPS 7.6 Web console.
To remove inactive clients, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.6 Web console.
- Go to Admin Settings > Clients. The Client Installation page appears.
- Under Inactive Client Settings, select the Enable automatic removal of inactive clients check box.
- In the Remove a client if inactive for list, select number of days after which Seqrite Endpoint Security considers a Client is inactive.
- To apply the setting, click Apply.
- EPS Migration 7.6 does not support the clients with Mac operating systems.
- The Default client on the EPS Server will not be migrated to EPS 8.0.
- Update Agent upgrade is not supported.
- Master Secondary setup not supported for EPS 8.0.
- Migration of EPS Users, Policies, Admin Settings, and reports are not supported.