- Wi-Fi connection is a must for enrollment.
- Devices having Android versions 7 and above can only be enrolled using AMA.
- These devices should not be enrolled previously on mSuite.
- You can enroll the device to the mSuite console through either of Users, Groups, or Devices options.
- Once the device is added to the mSuite console, configure the required policies and app configurations to the device
|Before getting devices enrolled, ensure that
– Android Kiosk Mode is not selected in Android app management.
– Setting for Disable Apps Installation is not set to enabled.
|The enrollment process may take time depending upon the speed of the network connection.|
To prepare the mobile device for AMA enrollment, you need to follow these steps:
- Perform a factory reset of your phone
- Android Enterprise Enrollment of a device using QR code
- Setting Device admin and system permissions
1) Performing a factory reset on your phone
You can either use a new device or you need to perform a factory reset on your device. When you perform a factory reset, all the data on the device is permanently deleted. Ensure that you take a backup of your data.
- On the device, tap Settings > System > Reset. Please note that the terminology in your device may differ.
Tap Reset Phone.
A Welcome screen is displayed after a factory reset of the device.
Next, you need to do Android Enterprise enrollment of your device using a QR Code.
2) Android Enterprise Enrollment of a device using QR code
The admin or the end user can enroll the device.
- If you (admin) are enrolling the device, you can use the QR code displayed on the mSuite console during enrollment.
- If the device user is performing the enrollment, the user can use the QR code that is sent to the email address.
- On the Welcome screen, tap 6/7 times below the word Welcome. Devices may show “Welcome”, “Hi” or “Hello” as per the device models. Based on the device model, scenarios either A or B or C will follow. Follow the steps as applicable.
|A: QR Code scanner is displayed||B: QR Code scanner is not displayed||C: QR Code scanner is not displayed (Applicable to some devices only|
|i. Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console. Alternatively, the end user performing the enrollment process can scan the QR code received on the email address specified earlier.
ii. Next, choose the appropriate option to connect to the Internet. You are redirected to This device belongs to your organization screen.
iii. Tap Next.
You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
|i. Tap START on the Welcome screen > Connect to mobile network screen is displayed.
ii. Insert SIM card > Connect to Wi-Fi screen.
iii. Select the Wi-Fi network from the list. Tap Accept & Continue on the Privacy and software updates screen.
iv. On Copy apps and data screen, tap Next. The Google Sign in screen is displayed.
v. Enter the email address as afw#setup and tap Next.
vi. On This device belongs to your organization screen, tap Next. The QR code scanner is displayed.
vii. Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console or scan the QR code received on your email address. You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
|i. Connect to the Internet and the QR code scanner\ is automatically downloaded on the device.
ii. Scan the QR code displayed on the mSuite console or scan the QR code received on your email address.
iii. You are redirected to Let’s set up your work device screen.
Tap Accept & continue on the Let’s set up your work device screen.
You are redirected to This device isn’t private screen.
You are redirected to Updating device screen and after that to the Registering device screen.
|This process may take some time as apps are updated to the latest version from the factory version.|
- Next, depending on the password and app configurations policy configured by default, follow the steps as applicable.
If the default password and app configuration policies are configured, follow these steps:
i. You are redirected to the screens for setting the password and installing the apps. Follow the instructions for setting up the screen lock as required. Tap Install for installing mSuite and the recommended apps that are configured through the default app configuration.
|Installation of apps may take time depending upon the network connection.|
ii. You are redirected to the Google services screen. Proceed to step 5 and further.
If the default password and app configuration policies are not configured, you are redirected to the Updates Privacy and Software screen.
i. Tap Accept & continue.
On the Google services screen, tap Accept.
You are all set/Your device is ready to go! screen is displayed.
Tap Done. Seqrite mSuite app is now installed on the device.
|At this point, on the Device Details page, the device Enrollment Status is shown as AMA Enrolled as the procedure is partially completed. Next, you need to set the Device Admin and System permissions after which the enrollment process is completed.|
3) Setting Device Admin and System permissions
You need to complete the further steps after which the device Enrollment Status is displayed as Enrolled on the Device Details page.
1. On your device, tap the mSuite app. You are redirected to the License Agreement screen.
2. Tap I Agree.
You are redirected to the Device Admin Permission screen.
3. Tap Proceed.
You are redirected to the Activate device admin app screen.
4. Tap Activate this device admin app.
You are redirected to the Device Enrollment Screen.
5. After that, you will be redirected to the Modify system settings screen. Enable the toggle button and tap the Back icon in the upper left corner.
You are redirected to the Display over other apps screen.
6. Tap the Seqrite mSuite icon from the list.
7. Enable the toggle button for Seqrite mSuite app and tap the Back icon.
Seqrite mSuite icon now displays Allowed status on the screen. Tap Back.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for Seqrite mSuite on Usage Access and Do Not Disturb access screens.
The device is enrolled. You can view the Enrollment Status on the Device Details page on mSuite console displayed as Enrolled.