The custom report assists you to create reports on your own and customize them according to the requirement. Select the entities to build custom reports from scratch to suit the exact needs of your requirement and the way it should be displayed. The selected entities are highlighted in yellow to help you understand the entities selection. You can change the header names as per your requirement. You can create custom reports based on specific devices, user groups, date ranges, file preferences or profiles. These reports are centralized within the Seqrite mSuite console.
The custom report can be exported in CSV file format when you click the View or Export icon on the Custom Reports page. When the custom report result generates a huge data, the report cannot be viewed and it gives a warning message. In such scenario, if any date fields are available in the report, you can use them to filter the columns and generate the custom report.
Advanced Search for Custom Reports
The Advanced Search option allows you to perform an advanced search of the custom reports.
To find custom reports with the Advanced Search option, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, select Reports > Custom Reports.
On the Custom Reports page, click Advanced Search.
The advanced search parameter is displayed.
- Select Created By: Select this option to search custom reports according to the creator name.
The search result appears.
You can view the custom reports created as per your requirement. The custom reports can be viewed in the following formats.
- Data table: Displays the set of rows and columns in the tabular format. The table gives a clear understanding and observation of each and every column and row.
- Pivot table: Summarizes, analyzes, explores, and displays the data as per your requirement. You can simplify the complexity of any table and organize your table by using the Pivot table. This table helps you to generate a table that has column and row headers, which is devoid of blank rows. You can click any cell in the range of cells or table. A pivot table can automatically sort, count, total or display the average of the data stored in one table or spreadsheet and displays the results in a second table showing the summarized data. Pivot table helps to create unweighted cross tabulations. You can customize the table by dragging and dropping the fields graphically.
- Schedule Report: After generating the report, you can schedule the report to be generated as per requirement.
To view the custom report, follow these steps:
Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Reports > Custom Reports > click View (Eye-shape) icon.
The Custom Report page is displayed.
- The report will be generated in data table format (by default). You can choose Pivot Table if required to change the report preview.
|– You can view other reports by selecting the report name from the Select report list and then click Generate Report.
– When creating a report, if any date field is selected in the selected entities then when the report is generated, a Select date field list is displayed with a calendar to select the date range.
If any date field is available in the created report, then select the option from Select date field list, and click the calendar and select the date range.
If different dates are selected when providing a date range, a warning message is displayed. Make sure to select a continuous date range.
Click Generate Report.
The report gets generated for the given date range.
- To export the report, click Export.
- To get the report with same parameter, you scan schedule the report generation process by clicking Schedule Report.
|– If the report generates huge data, then the error message is displayed at the time of export and the report cannot be exported.
– When trying to export the report by clicking the Export icon on Custom Report list page and the generated report shows huge data, a warning message is displayed.
– While scheduling the custom report if more than one date range columns are available, then you can choose the required date range option.
Scheduling custom report
To schedule report generation, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Reports > Custom Reports.
- On the Custom Reports page, click the view (eyes) icon available in front of the reports.
- On the report page, select the criteria and again generate the report or directly click Schedule Report.
In the Schedule Report dialog box make the following changes:
- Enter report name.
In Report Sending Frequency section, select Daily, Weekly or Monthly. As per your selection, you can select the days of the week or day of the month.
- Report sending period cannot exceed 90 days for daily and weekly cycle.
- Report sending period cannot exceed 180 days for monthly cycle.
- From the calendar, select the appropriate Report Sending Period.
- In Email Recipient text field add the comma-separated email IDs of the admin to receive the generated report in the form of attachment.
The custom report is scheduled for the given time and frequency.
|While scheduling the custom report if more than one date range columns are available, then you can choose the required date range option.|
Generating a custom report
You can generate the custom report by selecting multiple entities.
To generate custom report, follow these steps:
Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Reports > Custom Reports.
The reports page appears. If reports are not available, the Reports page will be empty.
The Create Report page appears.
Enter Report Name and then select the Root entity as per your requirement.
The root entities include User, Department, Device, Device Group, Admin Role, Policy, App Repository, Configurations, and Fence Configurations.
|Only one entity should be selected from the Root entity list.|
After you select the Root entity, all the entities related to the selected root entity are displayed.
- Click the sub-entities as per your requirement.
- After the entities are selected, they are displayed under the Selected Entities section. Click the entity from the list; the relevant columns of the selected entity are displayed.
- Select all or few columns of the selected entity that you want to include in the report. The selected columns are displayed in the lower-half section of the Report Details page.
|When creating the custom reports, maximum of 15 columns can be included. The report should not exceed the set limit of 15 columns.|
The Report Details page includes the following columns:
|Entity||Displays the selected entity. The entities include User, Department, Device, Device Group, Admin Role, Policy, App Repository, Configurations, and Fence Configuration.|
|Field||Displays the selected fields of the entity.|
|Is visible||Displays the type of the fence: Wi-Fi fence, Geo fence, and Time fence.|
|Caption||Allows you to change the name of the column header as per your requirement.|
|Search Criteria||The Select Criteria column includes two sections such as Select Where Operator and Filter parameter.
– Select Where Operator: Helps to select the operator as per the requirement. You can precise your data in Custom Report by using Where Operator while creating and editing the report. The operators include Less than, Greater than, Equals, Less than equal, Greater than equal, Not equal, In, Not In, Contains, Does not contain, Starts with, and Ends with. You can use the following operators with the respective data type:
– String data: Supported operators for string data are Equals, Not equal, Contains, Does not contain, Starts with and Ends with. For example: Device Name, App Name, Device Status, etc.
– Numeric data: Supported operators for numeric data are Less than, Greater than, Equals, Less than equal, Greater than equal, Not equal, In, Not in, Like, and Between. For example: Device ID, User ID, etc.
– Boolean data: Supported operators for Boolean data are Yes, and No. For example: Is Compliant, Is Seqrite Launcher activated, etc.
– Time stamp data: Supported operators for time stamp data are Less than, Greater than, Equal, Less than equal, Greater than equal, Not Equal, and Between. For example: Device creation date, User creation date, Device Group creation date, etc.
– Please be noted that you must enter inputs as zero or one, true or false and yes or no to search Boolean data.
– You must enter the date in DD-MM-YYYY format to search time stamp data.
– You cannot use Like operator for string type data with predefined values. For example: Device status.
|Search Criteria||Filter parameter: To filter the parameter as per your requirement. After selecting the Where Operator, enter any parameter to generate the report matching to the filtered criteria.|
|Group By||Group By functionality is used to group rows that have similar values. It gives the summary of the database.|
|Aggregate functions||Aggregate function allows you to perform calculation on multiple rows of a single column of a table and give a single value. The aggregate functions include:
– COUNT: The COUNT aggregate function gives the total number of values in a field.
– AVG: The AVG aggregate function gives the average of the values in a specified column. It is applicable only for numeric data.
– SUM: The SUM aggregate function gives the sum of the values in a specified column and is applicable only for the numeric data.
– MAX: The MAX aggregate function gives the largest value from the specified table field.
– MIN: The MIN aggregate function gives the smallest value from the specified table field.
|Reorder||To rearrange the rows as per your requirement. You can drag and drop the columns.|
The report is generated successfully. The Custom Reports list page is displayed with all the available custom reports.
The custom reports page table shows the following information about the custom reports.
|Id||Displays the Id of the generated custom report.|
|Name||Displays the name of the custom report.|
|Created By||Displays the name of the report creator.|
|Action||The action items include few icons:
– View: Helps you to view the selected report.
– Download: Helps you to download the selected custom report.
– Edit: Helps you to modify the selected custom report.
– Delete: Helps you to delete the selected report.
|Take Action||The Take Action list appears on the Custom Reports page when you select single or multiple reports. The available action in With selected list is:
– Delete: Helps you to delete the single or multiple selected reports.
To delete the report, select the reports. The Take Action list appears.
Select Delete and then click Submit.
Editing custom reports
This option helps to make changes to the generated custom reports.
To edit the custom report, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite mSuite console and in the left pane, click Reports > Custom Reports.
On the Custom Reports page, select the custom report and click Edit icon.
The Create Report page is displayed.
You can make changes to the report name, entities, and columns as required and click Save.
You will be directed to the Custom Reports page.
- To just view the report, click the View (eye icon).
- To download the report in CSV format, click the Download icon.