Release Date – 30 August, 2022
Seqrite HawkkProtect includes the following new features.
Local User Management
- Manage users locally by importing/ adding them through HawkkEye.
- Users get synced automatically in HawkkProtect admin console.
- Admin can send invite to users and users will sign-up first time.
- End users can authenticate and authorize them on a user portal by passwordless OTP based authentication to access user/gateway portal.
HawkkProtect Generated Certificate
- You can now opt for automatically generated SSL certificate in absence of organizational SSL domain certificate. Certificate will get issued to *.organization_name.hawkkprotect.com .
- Automatic CNAME record verification and HawkkProtect will take care of life cycle management of generated certificate.
Layer 7 Firewall and DDoS
- Create layer 7 firewall policy rules to block application access from connections originating via specific IP addresses or country. You can apply a rule on specific application parameters such as query params , methods , custom paths, etc.
- Create DDoS policy rules to block application access from connections originating via specific IP addresses or country. You can apply a rate limit for a specific timeframe. If the no. of requests exceeds , the connections would get blocked.
- Enable Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules to restrict users accessing applications which are vulnerable to web attacks like SQL injections, Cross Site Scripting, etc.
Seqrite HawkkProtect includes the following features.
- New widgets added on dashboard
- UI/ UX Improvements
- Bug fixes
Some of the important known issues in version 1.1.2 are as follows.
- Special character ‘-‘ cannot be entered in the organization name while adding an auto-generated certificate.
- The Entity ID and Reply URL are not auto populated for the site deployment of an existing tenant.
Workaround: Administrator must manually enter the values in this field.
- Password based authentication does not work for WebVNC.
- For web RDP port type; after the application is minimized, user is not able to maximize the application.
- If a user closes application browser tab without closing application, and then opens another application of RDP; the user will see both application simultaneously.
- After deleting a site, all the applications are marked as inactive.
- Large application logos are displayed on the user portal when the application name is entered in uppercase letters.
- The HawkkProtect apps portal is also displayed as ZT gateway user portal on some of the pages.
- Policy name is displayed incorrectly in the exported CSV file.
- A custom path ‘/’ gets automatically added while editing a firewall policy.
- During onboarding; while editing certificate, clicking the ‘Back to wizard’ page results in an error.
- A pinned application gets automatically unpinned after you search for it.
- Unable to upload a file bigger than 100 MB in the application after adding it on the admin portal.
- After closing the user portal without properly logging out, a user tries to log in again. This creates a duplicate active session.
- Loading a large number of connections on the Visibility page is CPU intensive on the administrator computer.
- For ADFS IdP, logout request fails intermittently and an error is displayed.
- The application location is displayed as Undefined on globe view for blocked connections.
- In Google workspace IDP, User portal SAML logout is not supported due to technical limitation from Google.
- Admin portal is not supported on Safari browser.
- If users are deleted in AD, the policy access rules related to deleted users are not getting flushed.