Identity Providers (IdP) are used to manage users and access privileges in organizations. Different applications in the organization may be assigned a unique IdP.
On this page, the following information about the configured IdP’s is displayed.
|IdP Name||Name of the IdP.|
|IdP Type||IdP type.|
|IdP State||State of the IdP whether assigned or not assigned.|
|Idp Description||Description of the IdP.|
|Add IdP||To add a new IdP.|
If your organization does not have an IdP, then you can use the Seqrite HawkkEye default IdP. You cannot edit or delete this IdP. To add users through Seqrite HawkkEye, refer the following URL: https://docs.seqrite.com/docs/seqrite-csm/user/add-a-user/
Actions available with IdP
- Click the IdP Name column to sort the available Identity providers in alphabetical order.
- When you hover over each IdP name, following options are displayed on extreme right.
|Action Icon||Action Label||Description|
|Edit||Use this icon to edit the IdP details.|
|Delete||Use this icon to delete the IdP.|
|Edit||To view the details of the IdP.|
- Bulk action: Select the check boxes in front of the IdP names to perform bulk delete action on selected IdP.
Click an IdP name to display the following information in the right pane.
|IdP Name||Name of the IdP.|
|Description||Description of the IdP.|
|IdP type||Type of IdP.|
|IdP Status||Current status of IdP.|
|Authentication Method||Authentication method used for the IdP.|
|Admin Username for AD||Administrator username for the IdP.|
|Base DN||Base DN for the IdP.|
|Bind DN||Bind DN for the IdP.|
Adding an IdP
To add a new IdP, follow these steps.
- Log on to the Seqrite HawkkProtect portal. Navigate to IdP Management from the left pane.
- Click Add IdP. A new page appears.
- Enter the following details.
- Enter the IdP name.
- Enter the IdP description.
IdP Type Details
- Select the IdP type and select the authentication method.
The following prerequisites are required for different types of IdP and can be configured as follows.
- For Microsoft Azure: To know more, refer the Prerequisites For Microsoft Azure page.
- For Google IdP: To know more, refer the Prerequisites For Google IdP page.
- Based on the IdP type and authentication method that you select, enter the following information.
- For IdP type Active Directory 2012, LDAP authentication method: Enter Admin Username for AD, Admin Password for AD, Host, Port, Base DN, Bind DN.
- For IdP type Active Directory 2016, LDAP authentication method: Enter the Admin Username for AD, Admin Password for AD, Host, Port, Base DN, Bind DN.
- For IdP type Active Directory 2019, LDAP authentication method: Enter the Admin Username for AD, Admin Password for AD, Host, Port, Base DN, Bind DN.
- For IdP type Google Workspace, SAML authentication method: Enter the Entity ID, Reply URL, Federation Metadata Type, XML URL, Client ID, Client Secret, Project ID.
- For IdP type Microsoft Azure, SAML authentication method: Enter the Entity ID, Reply URL, XML URL, Application (client) ID, Client secrets, OAuth 2.0 token endpoint (v2).
- For IdP type Active Directory Federation Services, SAML authentication method: Enter the Entity ID, Reply URL, Host, External Address, Federation Metadata Type, XML URL, Admin Username for AD, Admin Password for AD, Host, Port, Base DN, Bind DN.
To integrate ADFS IdP type with HawkkProtect, only custom certificate can be used.
- After entering these details, click Add IdP.
- In case you wish to check the authentication details and connection, click Test connection.
If the connection is successful, a success prompt is displayed on screen.