Installing Seqrite Endpoint Security Clients on Mac Endpoints
Before continuing, create a Mac Client Packager.
After the Mac Client Packager has been created, the administrator can install EPS client using Notify Install method.
Notify Install allows you to send email notification to the endpoints in the network to install the Seqrite Endpoint Security client.
A Notify Install message containing a link for the installer file is sent from the administrator before installing Seqrite Endpoint Security.
To install Seqrite Endpoint Security, follow these steps:
- To install SEPS Client on a Mac system, type the link in the browser (sent to you in the email). A Web page appears that displays the prerequisites for installation and includes a link to the installer file (Download Mac Client). Please read the prerequisites carefully.
- Click through the Download Mac Client link. A file, MCCLAGNT.TAR, is downloaded that includes the installer.
- Go to the location where you have saved the tar file and extract all its components.
- Double-click the installer file (MCLAGNT.DMG). Run the installer to start the Seqrite Endpoint Security installation.
Seqrite Endpoint Security is installed successfully.
Installation of Standalone Seqrite Total Security for Mac build will proceed even if SEPS client is installed.
Installing Seqrite Endpoint Security Clients on Linux-based Endpoints
Seqrite clients need to be manually installed by the Administrator on Linux endpoints. To install the Seqrite client on Linux endpoints, follow these steps:
Follow the steps according to your endpoint’s configuration:
For the 32-bit Linux Endpoint, download the ‘epslin32.tar.gz’ file from one of the following links:
For the 64-bit Linux Endpoint, download the epslin64.tar.gz file from one of the following links:
- Click Browse and select the downloaded folder.
- Click Create to generate a package using Client Packager.
- Copy the Client Packager on your Linux endpoint.
- Open the terminal on your Linux endpoint and log in as a root user. Trace the path where the Client Packager is saved.
- Extract the Client packager and trace the path of extracted folder.
- Type the command ./install to execute the installation script of Seqrite.
The installation script will do the following:
- It copies the necessary files to /usr/lib/Seqrite folder.
- It will install Seqrite client successfully.
This completes the Seqrite client installation.
- Online Protection is dependent on Dazuko which is compatible with Linux 2.6 kernels.
- Online Protection is compatible on 32-bit operating systems of kernel version 2.6.*.
- Seqrite GUI Scanner is available only on 32-bit endpoints, it will not be available for 64 bit endpoints. Seqrite settings can be configured for 64 bit endpoint using command line interface.
- If Online Protection is not installed by ./install script, you can install online protection by running ./install script with –online parameter. If automatic installation of Dazuko fails, it prompts for the dazuko file. Seqrite Online Protection (qhdaemon) requires Dazuko, a free software project providing access control. In order to use qhdaemon, you will need to compile Dazuko as kernel module or compile into the kernel.
- Configure Seqrite Online Protection. You can configure Seqrite Online Protection later by running "configqhonline" from /usr/lib/Seqrite/Seqrite.