This feature gives the administrators a wider choice of creating policies for the client modules that need Internet connection to function.
You can configure different settings for the server and port so that the client modules such as; Quick Update, Spam Protection, Web Security, and Messenger have Internet connection. This is very helpful in allowing the client modules to function in a secure work environment where default Internet connection is not allowed.
To create a policy with Internet Settings, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Settings > Client Settings > Internet Settings.
- To set the proxy setting for Internet, select Enable Proxy Setting.
The proxy settings details are activated.
- In Proxy Server, type the sever name.
- In Port, type the port number.
You can also set authentication rule if you use Firewall or proxy server. For this, type the User name and Password under Authentication.
- To save your setting, click Save Policy.
The Internet Settings feature is applicable for the clients such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.