Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) helps you to connect to the Mac client computers remotely in the network, send software to them, install software on them, help other end users in real time, and perform various tasks.
Before you install Seqrite Mac Client Agent, ensure the following requirements.
- The administrator computer with ARD or Casper installed must have Mac OS 10.9 or later/OS X server.
- Mac Seqrite Client installer must be created on Seqrite Endpoint Security (SEPS) server.
- Administrator must have an account on the Mac client computers with admin privileges.
- Enable Remote Management on the Mac client computers.
- Your administrator computer must have Packages installed on it. Packages is a Mac OS application that helps you to create bundle for your payload and installation. To download Packages, visit http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html.
Creating Client Agent package
To create Client Agent package, follow these steps:
- On the Seqrite Endpoint Security server, browse to the folder “installation directory"\Seqrite\Endpoint Security 7.60\Admin\web\build”. "installation directory" indicates the path where Seqrite Endpoint Security has been installed.
- Copy the folder acmac to the administrator Mac computer.
- Open Terminal.app on the administrator Mac computer and go to the acmac folder.
- Enter the following commands:
sudo sh ./ClientAgentInstaller/CreatePackage.sh
Administrator rights are required for executing this command.
When the package creation completes successfully, ClientAgentInstaller.pkg file is created in the ./Remote_Installation/PKG/ClientAgentInstaller/ folder.
Installing Client Agent using Apple Remote Desktop or Casper
This procedure has been provided to help you install Client Agent on the remote Mac client computers using ARD or Casper. For more details, you may consult the documentation of the respective software applications.
Deploying Seqrite Mac Client Using Apple Remote Desktop
In addition to the Prerequisites described above, follow this prerequisite.
Before deploying Seqrite Mac Client, ensure that you get Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) tool installed on your administrator computer. To download ARD, visit https://www.apple.com/in/remotedesktop/.
To deploy Seqrite Mac Client using Apple Remote Desktop, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Remote Desktop.
- Select the Mac client computers from the list of all available computers and then click Install to add the package.
- Click the plus (+) sign to locate and add ClientAgentInstaller.pkg and then click Install to begin deployment.
Deploying Seqrite Mac Client Using Casper
In addition to the Prerequisites described in the first part of page, follow this prerequisite.
Before deploying Seqrite Mac Client, ensure that you get Casper tool installed on your administrator computer. Casper helps to install software and run scripts remotely on the client computers. To download Casper, visit http://www.jamfsoftware.com/products/casper-suite/.
To deploy Seqrite Mac Client using Casper, follow these steps:
- Log on to Casper Admin.
- Drag ClientAgentInstaller.pkg to the window and then select File > Save.
- Log on to Casper Remote.
- In the Computers tab, select the Mac client computers from the list of available computers.
- In the Packages tab, select ClientAgentInstaller.pkg.
- Click Go.