This feature allows you to create a policy that authorizes the clients to access client settings and change their own password, enable or disable Safe Mode Protection, Self Protection, and News Alert.
To create a policy for General Settings, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Settings > Client Settings > General Settings.
- To give access to the client settings, select Authorize access to the client settings*.Password setting is activated.
- In Enter Password, type the password and then re-type the same password in Confirm Password.The clients will have to use these passwords for accessing the client settings.
- To activate Safe Mode Protection, select Enable Safe Mode Protection*.
If you run Windows in Safe Mode, your computer starts with only basic files and drivers and the security features of Seqrite are disabled by default. In such a situation, unauthorized users may take advantage and steal data or modify the settings of the Seqrite features.
To prevent access to your system by any unauthorized users, you can configure Safe Mode Protection. Once you configure it, you need to provide a password to work in Safe Mode.
- To activate Self Protection, select Enable Self Protection.
Self Protection feature helps you protect Seqrite Endpoint Security so that its files, folders, configurations and registry entries configured against malware are not altered or tampered in any way. It also protects the processes and services of Seqrite Endpoint Security. It is recommended that you always keep Self Protection on. However this option is turned on by default.
- To get the news alert about various incidents, select Enable News alert.
- Backup Data automatically and periodically (multiple times a day) takes a backup of all your important and confidential files present on the endpoint. If you update any file, then this feature automatically takes backup of the latest copy. In the Backup Data section, do the following,
- The Enable backup data check box is selected by default.
- Default Backup Location is selected by default. The backup data is stored at the default location, by default. EPS server searches all volumes on the local PC and then selects the drive with maximum free space to store the backup data locally.
- Select Enter Folder Path option if you want to store your backup data at other location. Enter the folder path.
- Select Network Path Location option if you want to store your backup data of all machines on a particular system in the network. Enter the Network Path Location. Enter Username and Password. Click Test to verify the location.
- Backup of the following file types is maintained:
.doc, .odp, .txt, .docx, .ods, .wps, .dps, .odt, .wpt, .dpt, .pdf, .xls, .et, .ppt, .xlsx, .ett, .pptx, .odg, .rtf, .docm, .xlsm and .pptm You can view the list of default extensions by clicking the link Click here to view default extensions.
- You can add custom extensions to the list as per your requirement. Enter extension and maximum file size in the text boxes.
- Click Add. You can delete the extension with Delete button.
- To exclude file extension from the data backup, enter the extension in Exclude File Extension box. Click Add. You can delete the excluded extension with Delete button.
While performing backup, avoid including large size files such as PST, media files to ensure stable system performance and network operations.
After successful client installation, backup starts after 6 hours.
Disable this feature if you have any other provision for data backup (Example: File server backup, Data backup server, etc.)
We have provided a backup facility with EPS. However, we recommend that you take additional backups regularly using third party software.
To restore your data, contact EPS Support Team.
- In the Desktop Shortcut section, as per requirement, select the check boxes to create shortcuts for the following:
- Safe Banking
- Secure Browse
- You can configure number of days to change the colour of the tray icon if the client is not updated for a set number of days.Select number of days to turn the tray icon to red.
- To save your setting, click Save Policy.