With this feature you can search for a particular type of data in various formats and detect any confidential data that is present in your endpoints and removable devices.
To know more, see Data-At-Rest Scan.
To perform Data-At-Rest scan, you must enable DLP on the endpoints. To do this, see Enabling DLP feature.
To create a policy for Data-At-Rest Scan, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console .
- Go to Settings > Schedule Settings > Data-At-Rest Scan.
- Select Enable Schedule Scan and set the frequency and time for the scan.You can choose to Repeat Scan and Notify if client is offline.
- Select minutes to run the Scheduled Scan only within specified minutes from the scheduled time. The option is selected by default.
- Select a scan mode from the following:
- Quick Scan (Scan Drive where operating system is installed)
- Full System Scan (Scan all the fixed drives)
- Scan Specific Folder(s): Select this option to scan a particular folder(s).
- Click Configure.
- Enter the path of the folder that you want to scan.You can also choose to scan the subfolders by selecting the Include Subfolder check box.
- Click Add.You can also remove a path from the list by clicking Remove.
- Click Apply.
- The Scan Priority is Low by default. You can change the priority if required.
- Configure the settings for File Types, Confidential Data, and User Defined Dictionary.
- To save your setting, click Save Policy.