This feature lets you monitor any suspicious activity related to the confidential files on your computer, a network drive, or a removable drive. Apart from a default set of files, you can customize and select the file types that you want to monitor.
You can monitor the selected file types for actions such as copy, delete, or rename. You can generate a report for the file activity from the Reports page.
The File Activity Monitor feature is available in the clients with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Enabling File Activity Monitor
To enable file activity monitor, follow the given steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Settings > Client Settings > File Activity Monitor.
- Select Enable File Activity Monitor.
- In the "Select File Types and Events to monitor within drives” area, place a check mark to select the drives that you want to monitor for file activity.
Selection of event is not applicable for Removable Drives, Network Drives. You can select to monitor only ‘delete’ activity for local drives. For Removable Drives you can select ‘All Files’ to be monitored.
- In the File types list, select the file types that you want to monitor for all the drive types or you can select all the file types listed by using ‘All File Types’ check box.
- In the Custom Files, you can add your own file types that you want to exclude. Click the plus sign (+) to add a new file type extension to be monitored. Use the delete icon to remove a file or folder type.
- Enter the folder paths that you want to exclude from the monitoring, for example. C:\JSmith.
For Mac OS, use only forward slash (/) in the folder path. Example: /Users/Admin/ExcludeList.
To remove a folder path from the exclusions, click on the delete icon which appears when you click the list entry. If you click on the delete icon, a message box is displayed to confirm the delete action.
- Click Save Policy.