This feature allows you to scan the known vulnerabilities in the installed applications of various vendors such as; Adobe, Apple, Mozilla, Oracle etc. and the operating systems on the endpoints in your network and assess their security status. You can probe the endpoints for applications and operating system patches for possible vulnerabilities. This is helpful to create security measures against the known vulnerabilities and secure the endpoints against data outage.
To enable Vulnerability Scan, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Clients > Client Action > Vulnerability Scan.
- On the Vulnerability Scan page, click the Scan Settings button. The Scan Settings dialog appears.
- Under Scan for vulnerability against following software vendors, select one of the following options:
- Microsoft applications and other vendor applications
- Microsoft applications only
- Other vendor applications only
- To save your settings, click Apply.
You can stop scanning by clicking Notify Stop Scan at any time you prefer.
|Show offline clients||Helps you view the endpoints that are not online or are disconnected from the network.|
|Show endpoints within subgroup||Helps display the endpoints that are in a subgroup.|
|Scan Settings||Helps you customize the scan settings for Vulnerability Scan.|
|Notify Start Scan||Helps you notify the clients to start scanning.|
|Notify Stop Scan||Helps you notify the clients to stop scanning.|
|Refresh||Updates the status of the sent notifications.|
|Scan All||Helps you scan all the endpoints with a single click of the button.|