This feature lets you view reports for suspicious file activity as per the configured settings. You can generate the reports using the following parameters:
- Start date
- End date
- Group name
- Endpoint name
Reports are available in a tabular format or a pie chart format. The report also displays the information about the attempts made, the name of the user, the endpoint name and the number of incidents for all the local, network or removable drives.
You can click on the link above the charts to view the file type split up against locations. You can also view a summary of the activity for a particular file type such as deleting a file. You can view the file activity related to a person.
Viewing reports for file activity
To view file activity reports, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Reports > Client > File Activity Monitor.
- In the Generate Reports section, enter the start date and end dates between which you want to monitor file activity.
- Select the location, group name, Endpoint name and the type of event you want to monitor.
- Enter user name in the User Name text box.
- Click Generate. The report is generated and displayed on the screen. You can switch between a tabular view and a pie-chart view.
After clicking Generate button, a collapsible summary is displayed. If you want to change the parameters, click Modify Parameters.
If you generate the report in chart format, you can print the report by clicking the Print option. If you generate the report in tabular format, you can also save the report as csv or PDF.
This report page for File Activity Monitor displays the following details of the clients:
|Date and Time
|Displays the date and time when the report is generated.
|Displays the name of the endpoint.
|Displays the name of the user.
|Displays the domain to which the selected client logs in.
|Displays the file name which is being monitored.
|Displays the type of Drive.
|Displays the user name that belongs to the domain.
|Displays the details of the event.