This feature allows you to permit temporary access to a device on the client for a specific period. If a user wants temporary access to a device on the client, he can send a request to the Administrator for temporary access. An OTP is generated and shared. The client uses this OTP to access the device for the specific period.
To enable Temporary Device Access, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Clients > Client Action > Temporary Device Access.
- On the Temporary Device Access page, select the endpoint client which requires temporary access. Only one endpoint can be selected at a time.
- Click Allow Temporary Access The Generate OTP dialog appears.
- In the Allow temporary access for list, select minutes.
- In the Use OTP within list, select minutes.
- Click Generate. The OTP appears. When the client is online, click Notify and the OTP is automatically received by the client. Temporary access is allowed as per the settings effective from that minute.
- If the client is offline or roaming, Notify is disabled. To send the OTP manually, by Email to the client, do the following:
- Click Notify By Mail. Mail dialog appears.
- In the To text box, enter Email ID.
- Click Send Mail. Default mail client of the system opens and displays a mail specifying the details of the OTP.
- Click Send.
At the client side, after successful validation of the OTP, temporary device access is enabled for the specific period.