You can view the status of patch management services with the help of Patch Server Control Panel. This view is used for troubleshooting purpose. To ensure that all the services are in running state for smooth functioning of the patch management server. You can also delete patch metadata and its content which are superseded or of older version.
To access the Patch Server Control Panel, follow these steps:
- Select Start > Programs > Patch Server Control panel. The control panel opens.
- In the Services section, you can see the current state of the Patch Management services.
- Click Start to start the Patch Management services and all the dependent services. Click Stop when you want to stop the services.
- Click View Details to view the status of the following patch management services,
- AppPool – EPS Patch Scan 3.1
- AppPool – EPS Patch Server 3.1
- Website – EPS Patch Mgt 3.1
- Service – MySQL – SQM31
- Service – sqpmsvc
- In the Cleanup section, Click Start to delete patch metadata and its content which are obsolete. Click Stop when you want to stop the cleanup.